Our sister sites
Our sister sites
annoellyn
New Member!
Female 

12-11-2017, 09:15 PM

Hello!

Hello!
I have had dogs my whole life but my current dog is the first one I have owned on my own. It was a pretty bog deal for me to have my own dog and it's been an adventure and a half. I adopted a golden retriever/german shepherd cross from someone who didn't want her any more. She was over a year old, a little younger then I wanted, but she was too sweet to resist!
Found out quickly that she had lived most of her life outside, was not house trained, and had bad separation anxiety to the point where I couldn't go to the bathroom with the door closed without poor Chloe losing her head. But we worked through these issues and she is a great, wonderful dog who loves to play.
I've had her for 7 months now.
I have a zoo in my house with one 8 year old rabbit who has been with me forever, 4 crazy ferrets, and a cat who tolerates them all very well. I love spending time with animals and as long I have the time, money, and resources to give them a great quality of life, then I am happy being the crazy pet lady. I also foster cats but recently lost a foster very suddenly and am taking a break. I would love to foster dogs when I have a house of my own.

Looking to talk to other dog owners who love dogs as much as I do!
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-11-2017, 09:49 PM
Welcome from me. A Scotsman.
I don't know how you cope with your zoo.

We have one big black and white hairy collie. That enough.
Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2017, 10:39 PM
Hi and welcome to Dogsey