Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2005, 11:45 AM

toothache :(:(:(

ok everyday i get a really bad toothache, like the worst pain ive ever felt think it might be my wisdom tooth but im not sure.
Anyway, every 4 hrs im taking paramol extra and nurofen (sp), but the pain still comes on and gets to the worst point and stays there for about an hr or 2 b4 dying off so painkillers arent really working. Sometimes it stops the pain comin on and other times it doesnt.
Ive been to dentist to make appointment, but have to wait 2 weeks jus for a checkup as ive had to sign up from scratch after jus moving.

wots the best painkiller for toothache? the chemist is shut today so i cant go bug them again yet.

it hurts so much it brings me to tears
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Take Nurofen followed by 2hrs later Codine based painkiller followed by 2 hrs later nurofen and do this..it should help. I was also advised to put rescue remedy directly onto the painful tooth and this helped a lot

Hope this helps, I know toothache has to be one of the worst pains ever
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2005, 12:16 PM
I feel so sorry for you Jenny there really is nothing worse than toothache. If the chemist is shut that's bad news too, can't suggest anything, other than warm salt water just in case it's an abcess? If it's the tooth, then you need some tooth tincture to numb the pain. Good luck, hope u feel better soon.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2005, 12:18 PM
jenny sorry to hear you have toothache
i had this a few weeks ago and it drove me mad

i used clove oil to numb it

hope you get it sorted soon
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2005, 12:51 PM
is it an abscess jenny cos it sounds like what i had a while ago!!cocodamols good for pain!!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2005, 12:53 PM
how wud i kno if it was an absess or not?
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2005, 01:14 PM
isnt there an emergency dentist???you shouldnt have to wait 2 weeks, or go to the hospital!!
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Hi I had bad toothache once, I asked for advice at Boots' they suggested taking Nurofen plus and Solpadene in between. Mind you I was stronger then so I don't know if that would be too much for you. They both contain Codeine!

Ian
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-06-2005, 09:12 PM
When a wisdom tooth starts emerging-it normally creates an abcess-which is b****y painful and i think this is what you have! You will or soon will have a yucky taste in your mouth-which is the puss from the abcess (sorry-i know its horrible!)

If your dentist cannot see you soon,ask your doctor for some antibiotics and the pain will go in a couple of days.
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Hi Jenny my OH had really bad toothache last year the whole side of his face was swollen (a crown had broken off). He went to casualty and got some strong pain killers (it was weekend), he got an emergency appointment with the dentist next day. You shouldn,t have to suffer that much pain for two weeks
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >