Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2013, 05:32 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Tuesday

Good morning all Dogsey Peops

Wide awake at 5 am, tried to get back to sleep but only managed till 5.30 so decided to get up. Zena was upside down on the rug by my bed and she seemed pleased I was up, cos her tail was slapping on the floor before I even got round that side, bless her. I know it's going to rain this morning, but hopefully, I can now be out and back again before it starts cos it's set for the day when it arrives.

I had a flurry of enquiries last night for the 2nd van, don't know what was going on there, but 2 people were fighting for the same 2 weeks in August, and I ended up having to telephone one of them just to make sure she was definitely going to send the deposit off today, so that I could try and accommodate the other guests, but I don't think they can swap their weeks at work. Then I got another enquiry for September, which now means, I will only have 4 weeks to fill to take me up to October, and considering it's only May now and we've only had it a month I think that's blooming miraculous! I've now accrued the rent for next year on it, so I can at least stop worrying about that.

Dave tells me that the guy who wanted to buy his garage last year is now in a position of having sold his current one that he owns with a partner, and is still wanting to buy Dave's, so if we can sort out this employee problem swiftly, this will mean, it's goodbye employee and goodbye garage and goodbye to all the stress it gives us. We will never, ever employ anyone ever again. No wonder there are so many people out of work, I can understand their nervynous about employing anybody with all the obstacles for getting rid of them if they don't work out. Quite unbelievable just how far we've had to let this guy get away with murder

The only problem there is, Dave will have no work, so there'll have to be a lot of belt tightening on my part, but I'm sure he'll find something for us to tick along, with my pension and van rentals. Worst case scenario will be, we sell this house reap in the profit we've made with our year of grafting (hopefully!) and do it all over again. Oh the joys! I shall obviously have to give him a bit of a rest before putting the board up though

Hope everyone who is suffering is feeling much better today, along with any poorly doglets, which includes dear Millie, hope she's doing fine again now that you've reinstated some of those meds Jackie.

I have to go to Dunelms today I am missing a pillow at the van, I can only assume the guests packed it up along with theirs when they moved out last Saturday, but it needs replacing cos I just couldn't find it anywhere If I don't do it today, I know I'll forget and come unstuck for the change-over next week-end when they need that spare room. Might have a little nosey around in the rug section, but will avoid the lighting area

Enjoy your day everyone, I hope nobody has any problems today, and I'm off to look in my inbox again just in case there's been another flurry in there.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Morning Helena

That's very good news about the van! It's always good to know you've done the right thing (getting the other van).

Good news about this guy interested in Dave's garage too. I really hope you get a result with this employee. Maybe Dave could do ad hoc mobile mechanic stuff in the local area? It would be sad if you had to leave your house, especially with those views.

Can't you wear a wig if you visit Dunelms?

I hope Millie is okay this morning.

We're all just waking up here - Loki is calm but his ears are doing their radar thing so time is ticking before he starts demanding walks and food.

I wasn't sick afterall - phew! So I was able to eat my chilli.

Have a good day everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2013, 06:09 AM
Morning H and all,

Finally my free hair cut day is here so I should be able to see where I am going again later . I have to brave the traffic and get Charly into uni for an exam, then rush back here and hopefully then get a bus to town to Toni and Guys for 10am for my hair cut. They said it would take just over 2 hours, so I will then bus home walk Lily and get off to work

Hope Dave can sort that employee quickly H, then he can get that garage sold and you can both start enjoying life even if you do have to tighten your belts. I can see the headlines now "Dunelms goes out of buisness after a massive drop in sales and closes its doors for the final time"

Sun is shining at the moment but I think we are forecast rain hail and thunder today, oh joy!.

Have a good day all and take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-05-2013, 06:12 AM
Morning Helena, morning everyone.

Helena brilliant news about the van and good news about the buyer being interested in Dave's garage still.
If that is what you both need then very good luck with it, but yes do try and get a rest if you need to put the for sale board up.
I hope you find what you need in Dunelms I agree best stay away from the lighting section and maybe go in disguise.

Sally how awful that man letting his dog chase the geese ducks and their young . We saw this once in the Leeds sculpture park and it clearly states you have to keep dogs on lead. It was between losing Ollie and getting Dillon. I was close enough to say very loudly to Gorden about them upsetting the birds and spoiling it for everyone else. They leashed their dog so must of heard my rant.
Once when on the river on a break on the boat I caught a bunch of lads throwing stones at the ducks I gave them a piece of my mind. You can be very brave when doing the lock gates and a windlass in your hand.

Bev I hope Charly is feeling a little less tearful today and the exams went well yesterday and that you are holding up too.

I won't be around all day I am off to Maisie sit again today as Gill is on her second dose of second round of chemo .
Dillon has Gorden home all day and he will walk Dillon this morning. I am leaving by 8.30. Her hair has almost fallen out much quicker than the last time but with the help of some very strong anti sickness pills she is not having to put up with that and is able to eat some things but other things she cannot tolerate.
But you never know the more she has the worse it gets. Next week she will not be able to go anywhere as she is at a very vulnerable stage and high risk of infection.
So I will pop on and off till I leave but I will say to everyone hope you and the doglets are all well and keep safe.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2013, 07:07 AM
Morning all,

Well last night was comfy. Slept like a log, much to Dougals delight he loved me being downstairs where he could lie against me and sleep. I don't think either of us moved all night.

So far I've got Davie up, got some breakfast, and that's about it. Plan is to try and get washing out, I'm hoping it will stay dry. Also dishes need done, and I have a little ironing to do. After that I'm taking Dougal round the woods and studying.

Hope everyone is well today xx.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2013, 07:30 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Helena - As that chap is still keen to buy the garage its too good to turn down in 'this climate' ..... what a result that would be. How strange that a pillow disappeared, maybe it ran away back to Dunelm Great news about all the bookings you've had - well done Unfortunately I think we have foul weather coming over the south later - good old British spring/summer.

Bev - A free hair cut - how fab!! .. and at Toni&Guy Enjoy your appointment and the free coffee and biscuits Did your new glasses end up arriving last week and if so have they stopped your awful headaches? Hopefully poor Charly did OK in her exams yesterday after the trauma of Ash going. Good luck to her for today.

Lynn - Bless you going off to look after Masie again today lessening Gill's stressful day. I hope it goes well. ((hugs))

Lore - I hope your day goes well and Brian is feeling better soon. ((hugs)) to you too.

I'm off to walk to dogs shortly before the dreadful weather arrives. Lots of jobs need doing today which I must try and get done, so the sooner I start the sooner I finish. See you all later and I hope you all enjoy your day.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2013, 07:49 AM
Good morning everyone. The sun is shining here but alas it is not to last by all accounts. Lynn, well done on your support visit to Maisie. Helena good luck with your visit to Dunelms and well done on your van bookings and I hope the offer on Dave's garage works out for you too. Bev, hope Charly did well in her exams yesterday and that she has come to terms with Ash's departure.

Steve is off to the osteopath this morning and without fail he made a fuss of Amber after she has her flea treatment. He hates the smell of it. I did warn him but she pushes herself forward to be made a fuss of all the time and he forgot himself. I hope he gets on ok at the osteopath as he hopes to go on into work where they are laying a large patio. He has two mates that have come to help him out on the job so at worst he only has to supervise.

Have a good day all.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2013, 07:50 AM
Good morning fellow members a beautiful sunny morning but what I call 'too bright too early' with heavy rain on the way.

I have Hannah all day today so we will try to go for a walk before the rain comes .

Enjoy your day everyone
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Morning Helena

That's very good news about the van! It's always good to know you've done the right thing (getting the other van).

Good news about this guy interested in Dave's garage too. I really hope you get a result with this employee. Maybe Dave could do ad hoc mobile mechanic stuff in the local area? It would be sad if you had to leave your house, especially with those views.

Can't you wear a wig if you visit Dunelms?

I hope Millie is okay this morning.

We're all just waking up here - Loki is calm but his ears are doing their radar thing so time is ticking before he starts demanding walks and food.

I wasn't sick afterall - phew! So I was able to eat my chilli.

Have a good day everyone.
Morning Linda, and pleased to hear you weren't sick and could enjoy your chilli (not the best of things to eat I suppose with an irritated tum but there ya go, you're just like me ) Enjoy your walk with Loki, have you got your field back yet or are the builders still in there?

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning H and all,

Finally my free hair cut day is here so I should be able to see where I am going again later . I have to brave the traffic and get Charly into uni for an exam, then rush back here and hopefully then get a bus to town to Toni and Guys for 10am for my hair cut. They said it would take just over 2 hours, so I will then bus home walk Lily and get off to work

Hope Dave can sort that employee quickly H, then he can get that garage sold and you can both start enjoying life even if you do have to tighten your belts. I can see the headlines now "Dunelms goes out of buisness after a massive drop in sales and closes its doors for the final time"

Sun is shining at the moment but I think we are forecast rain hail and thunder today, oh joy!.

Have a good day all and take care.
Morning Bev, and good luck to Charly, I'm sure she'll breeze through it all. I hope that free haircut turns out to be better than expected, and 2 hours, blimey, it should be a good one! LOL at you there about Dunelms - you're right of course though

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Helena, morning everyone.

Helena brilliant news about the van and good news about the buyer being interested in Dave's garage still.
If that is what you both need then very good luck with it, but yes do try and get a rest if you need to put the for sale board up.
I hope you find what you need in Dunelms I agree best stay away from the lighting section and maybe go in disguise.

Sally how awful that man letting his dog chase the geese ducks and their young . We saw this once in the Leeds sculpture park and it clearly states you have to keep dogs on lead. It was between losing Ollie and getting Dillon. I was close enough to say very loudly to Gorden about them upsetting the birds and spoiling it for everyone else. They leashed their dog so must of heard my rant.
Once when on the river on a break on the boat I caught a bunch of lads throwing stones at the ducks I gave them a piece of my mind. You can be very brave when doing the lock gates and a windlass in your hand.

Bev I hope Charly is feeling a little less tearful today and the exams went well yesterday and that you are holding up too.

I won't be around all day I am off to Maisie sit again today as Gill is on her second dose of second round of chemo .
Dillon has Gorden home all day and he will walk Dillon this morning. I am leaving by 8.30. Her hair has almost fallen out much quicker than the last time but with the help of some very strong anti sickness pills she is not having to put up with that and is able to eat some things but other things she cannot tolerate.
But you never know the more she has the worse it gets. Next week she will not be able to go anywhere as she is at a very vulnerable stage and high risk of infection.
So I will pop on and off till I leave but I will say to everyone hope you and the doglets are all well and keep safe.
Morning Lynn, have a good day with Maisie, and poor Gill again which means more worry for you on top of everything else. I do hope she gets through it well just as she has before, she's so, so brave.

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning all,

Well last night was comfy. Slept like a log, much to Dougals delight he loved me being downstairs where he could lie against me and sleep. I don't think either of us moved all night.

So far I've got Davie up, got some breakfast, and that's about it. Plan is to try and get washing out, I'm hoping it will stay dry. Also dishes need done, and I have a little ironing to do. After that I'm taking Dougal round the woods and studying.

Hope everyone is well today xx.
Morning Lorraine, glad you got a good night's sleep with Dougal, and try not to overdo it today and knock yourself back.

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Helena - As that chap is still keen to buy the garage its too good to turn down in 'this climate' ..... what a result that would be. How strange that a pillow disappeared, maybe it ran away back to Dunelm Great news about all the bookings you've had - well done Unfortunately I think we have foul weather coming over the south later - good old British spring/summer.

Bev - A free hair cut - how fab!! .. and at Toni&Guy Enjoy your appointment and the free coffee and biscuits Did your new glasses end up arriving last week and if so have they stopped your awful headaches? Hopefully poor Charly did OK in her exams yesterday after the trauma of Ash going. Good luck to her for today.

Lynn - Bless you going off to look after Masie again today lessening Gill's stressful day. I hope it goes well. ((hugs))

Lore - I hope your day goes well and Brian is feeling better soon. ((hugs)) to you too.

I'm off to walk to dogs shortly before the dreadful weather arrives. Lots of jobs need doing today which I must try and get done, so the sooner I start the sooner I finish. See you all later and I hope you all enjoy your day.
Morning Jenny, yes foul weather on its way, but the latest is, not until this evening. LOL at you there and the disappearing pillow! Enjoy your walk with the boys before it rains and that wind is freezing again today.

Had a lovely walk up top, and Zena met the little border that always comes charging over to her bouncing around her and on her, but she doesn't mind him cos he's so friendly, and if I let her off I'm sure she'd play with him, but we were right on the cliff edge and I just didn't want to risk it with her ball

I've emptied 2 carrier bags full of junk that we emptied before starting the lounge, and managed to put it all away nice and neat and tidy in the new cupboards, lufferley.

Now I'm going to feed Zena and get myself changed and off to Dunelms before the whole world gets in there, cos at this time of day I have it all to myself. I know I will be looking up for security cameras for some strange reason today, not that I'm going to do anything bad in there, but I'm going to check them out as I walk past the lighting section

If I can get in a 2nd walk today, I'll go into that part of the woods with all the bluebells and take some pics. If it's raining I can't take the camera cos it's a big slr and I can't shove it in my pocket.

Enjoy your day everyone and I'll catch you lunchtime. Liver, onionsand bacon in the slow cooker with jersey royals and cabbage to do after, mmmmmmm
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Morning all, bit cold here today, just got back in from our walk, poor MIllie, she has just had the life frightened out of her by two police dogs being exercised in the far field from us, they were very goby and she did not like it one bit, just wanted to get back to the safety of the car

Have a good day folks...xx
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »