Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 01:49 PM

Not eating - lethargic

Toby is not 100% today. He's spent most of today laid on the sofa looking sad

When he got up he didn't want breakfast, ended up eating some of it but not all. He always goes to the door to say goodbye when my OH goes to work but not today, didn't bother when I got his lead and collar out either. I took him out for a brief walk but he went straight back on the sofa when we got back. He hasn't even asked for lunch and there is still some kibble from earlier that he isn't touching. Haven't noticed him have a drink today either

Not sure what to do now. I've made an appointment for the morning but not sure if I should try and get it changed to tonight. Can't see the vet that knows him and he doesn't really seem 'ill' unless you know what he's usually like! (friend described him as a duracell battery with solar panals!). Just feel like if I take him in to the vet they'll tell me I'm being silly, as I know he'll be all 'waggy tail' if we go! Never known him refuse food though.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 01:51 PM
If you feel something is wrong then you are right to go to the vets! It may be totaly nothing but most often people are right

Is it really hot/humid with you? he misght be feeling the heat - but I would still go to the vets
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Its been rainy the last few days so not too hot, and we've not done very much so he shouldn't be tired. He's been laid on sofa but don't think he's actually been to sleep. I'll try and get him in tonight. Wish we could see our usual vets though
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Just got back from the vet. Rang them up and they said their only free appointment was in 10mins so I threw him in the car and rushed down there. Vet was very nice. Checked Toby over and took his temp (high). said he has an 'infection of unknown origin' - so they don't know why he's ill but he's given him antibiotics and something to bring his temp down. i've got to go back again in the morning
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Glad you got him an appointment then
Youwerent daft at all - well spotted
Hopefully he will just feel a bit sorry for himself then be back to his usual self by tomorow
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Poor little boy,I hope he soon picks up. Good thing you got him in today, gut feelings nearly always prove correct
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 07:20 PM
yeah. he still hasn't had a proper drink but I convinced him to eat a little fish with some of the cooking liquid still on it. I'l give him a bit more later if it stays down ok
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Hope he's ok for his breakfast ....
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2011, 05:58 AM
Don't worry about feeding him hon - no food for a couple of days won't do him any harm. Just try and get some fluids into him - by syringe if necessary.

I hope that advice was academic and Toby is feeling better this morning

x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-07-2011, 06:15 AM
Por Toby, hope he is feeling a bit better today.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >