Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Great news for Smokey So a space has become available, this should be interesting!!!
Hahaha we shall see!
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Glad he has found a home. My mum hates birds, my nan had a bird I was told it loved me. I think it like ladies better, it was always kissing my nan.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Great news for Smokey So a space has become available, this should be interesting!!!
My thoughts exactly!

Wyrekin I hope you are at least keeping a diary or blog - to assist you when, in your retirement, you WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR BOOK recounting your tales of all these animals that have been in your life! I'd buy it!
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Vicky88 View Post
Glad he has found a home. My mum hates birds, my nan had a bird I was told it loved me. I think it like ladies better, it was always kissing my nan.
your mum hates birds? why that?

I just love birds
but I prefer to see them free, so it would never be happens to me owning one, as it makes me sad seeing them caged and cannot fly freely
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
My thoughts exactly!

Wyrekin I hope you are at least keeping a diary or blog - to assist you when, in your retirement, you WRITE AND PUBLISH YOUR BOOK recounting your tales of all these animals that have been in your life! I'd buy it!
Haha I have had a fair few pass through my doors even at 23 years old . I keep photo's of every animal including the work ones and have a regimented photo library on my computer which is double backed up. I'm a bit OCD about it all lol.

We're actually doing really well with rehoming at the moment. We've placed 9 oldies in 6 weeks which is really good for us as we only have 10 kennels, one of which has a very long termer (been here 18 months) and two semi long termers (been here 5 months), and another kennel has some cats in. So really we only have 7 kennels that regularly rotate.

One of our semi long termers goes home tomorrow though. I'm so pleased for her!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrekin View Post
Haha I have had a fair few pass through my doors even at 23 years old . I keep photo's of every animal including the work ones and have a regimented photo library on my computer which is double backed up. I'm a bit OCD about it all lol.

We're actually doing really well with rehoming at the moment. We've placed 9 oldies in 6 weeks which is really good for us as we only have 10 kennels, one of which has a very long termer (been here 18 months) and two semi long termers (been here 5 months), and another kennel has some cats in. So really we only have 7 kennels that regularly rotate.

One of our semi long termers goes home tomorrow though. I'm so pleased for her!
Wow! Take a bow! That is really impressive. Your folks must be so proud of you. I am and I don't know you! You are making a big difference to a lot of animal lives.

Just keep recording your 'stuff' and make notes. Honestly - you will be able to write a very interesting book one day.

9 oldies in 6 weeks? Wonderful! Unbelievably brilliant!
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
your mum hates birds? why that?

I just love birds
but I prefer to see them free, so it would never be happens to me owning one, as it makes me sad seeing them caged and cannot fly freely
Yeah i'm not sure why. Maybe something happened when she was younger. Although she hates most things that fly. They don't worry me though.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2