View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Does anyone know---are water meters standard charge all over the country or do they change with the authority as other water charges do?

If they are standard we will obviously be a lot better off----not sure about if they are the same. We use a lot of water.

Dogs pools, three people who bath/shower a lot, load of washing in winter of dog beds etc. Grow a few things in summer. The big swimming pool doesn't take a lot as it is full all year round and topped up once in spring and maybe once at the end of summer.

You have got me thinking now.

rune
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2011, 07:59 PM
we are on a water meter. 2 ppl in a 1 bedroom bungalow. and i pay 13-00 a month for 1 lot and 10-00 a month for the the other lot. but they have said as we are light users our payments will GO DOWN !!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 09:50 PM
We are on a water meter, I originally come from Newcastle, I paid £19.00 a month there for water rates...I live in Suffolk now and the for myself 2 kids & my partner I pay £50 per month, this is about to go up though as our last bill for the quarter was £397.00 we both work fulltime, so inbetween 8:30 & 5:30 5 days a week there is not a sole using water....the mind boggles!!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 09:55 PM
We pay separately for water and sewerage (Anglian Water and Essex and Suffolk) they are about £26 each a month, we have a 2 bed semi and not on a water meter.... I just hope Lincolnshire is cheaper than Essex, when we move up there!!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
We are on a water meter, I originally come from Newcastle, I paid £19.00 a month there for water rates...I live in Suffolk now and the for myself 2 kids & my partner I pay £50 per month, this is about to go up though as our last bill for the quarter was £397.00 we both work fulltime, so inbetween 8:30 & 5:30 5 days a week there is not a sole using water....the mind boggles!!
Have you checked if you have a leak? This in itself is a long laborious process once you get the water company involved and they determine where the leak is. Depending on where it is depends on what you pay¬
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Tell me about it!
Although I'm not complaining now that I am on a meter. Because there are only two of us in the house we can be fairly economical and it has made a difference. I will dig a bill out later and see what we pay (poor old lady, I can't remember off hand )
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Have you checked if you have a leak? This in itself is a long laborious process once you get the water company involved and they determine where the leak is. Depending on where it is depends on what you pay¬
Thanks SB, Ive had the landlord get his people out to check the combi boiler & the heating system, but they say both are fine...My arguement with them is, if its fine, how come the ceiling is warping halfway down my staircase like its bulging with water...I've been in touch with Suffolk Coastal council and am waiting to here back from them as to what department I could get to back/check/prove my case that there must be leakage somewhere..

Bev
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 11:14 PM
We don't pay for water here. Not sure whether we have to when we're in Germany or the UK mainland but out here we don't pay. I think I'd rather have your water bills than our oil bills though, we're looking at £100 a month for oil.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4