Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 10:54 AM

Help with holiday!

As you know, i've been under a lot of stress this year, and was hoping to have a nice sunny holiday......
Doctors have said i'm not allowed abroad until next year, so OH and I have decided we should try and have a week somewhere in this country......but I have no idea where to even look at!

I've been to the Lakes so many times (as it's so close), so was trying to think of somewhere different for a change, but that isn't *too* far away, as I have to be close enough to get to my hospital if anything happens, plus i'm not allowed to do too much driving (was thinking 2 hours drive is far enough, and OH doesn't drive) (I'm in Lancashire).

We ideally want somewhere quiet, with not many people (small cottage somewhere?), with or without dogs!
Doesn't have to be *too* much to do around, as we are both disabled, so are limited to what and when we can do things anyway, but some small shops/museum/place to look around within a small drive would be nice.....

Not asking much eh
Anyone have any ideas?!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Sorry no ideas unless you want to pop across to Ireland on the ferry / place i would to visit myself is Kerry - very scenic
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Derbyshire? Or somewhere around Hawes in Yorkshire?
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2011, 07:35 PM
We went to a little village called Gunnerside in Swaledale a year or so ago, and not too far away from you. We booked the cottage through a small agency called Cat Hole Cottages (just checked their website but it's off line at the moment but if you search for them on google, and then go to the Yorkshire Dales Stay link, their contact details are on there.)