View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 11:05 AM
I don't like leaving mine for more than 4hrs. 4.5 hours maximum. If I am going to be any longer than that or in an emergency situation I have a lovely dog walker who will come at very short notice and take them for a quick walk round the blockand give them some fuss and attention.
bfetterman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2012, 12:19 PM
I dont like leaving my pup at all but the longest we've ever left him was 4 hours. I felt so guilty that my mood was ruined for the rest of the night. He didn't seem to mind though
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 12:53 PM
The longest mine are left generally speaking is 4 hours. I would leave them for 5 at a push and have done on a rare occasion and they have been fine. Any longer than that and IMO it isn't fair to leave them without a break.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 01:01 PM
My 2 can be left as long as I need to...

I think the most they have been left for was about 10-12hrs due to family emergencies.

In an ideal world, I wouldn't have to leave them for 6hrs a day, but I have to work....
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Mine aren't left alone usually, as I work from home.
If I go out shopping they're left for up to 2 hours.
Sometimes if we have fairs to attend they are left for about 9 hours, but cope fine. This is usually only about 4 days per year.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Tibter View Post
About ten minutes but we are working on it
I wish you all the best with it . When Max first came to us he had such severe separation anxiety that he struggled to cope with me leaving just to put the bin out. He would hurl himself against the door and whine and cry I built it up very gradually, taking longer putting the bins out, going to post a letter etc, get fuel etc. Now he is quite happy to be left for a few hours.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Phoebe seams quite happy whatever but its about 6 hours normally
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Mine are now left for 8 1/2 hours four days a week. I really wasn't happy at first, and was concerned they would pine / bark / trash the house, but due to a drastic change in my circumstances, there is nothing else for it. I asked my new neighbours if they had been any bother, and they hadn't heard them at all. Then I set up a dogcam, and discovered they just sleep all day.

They get a walk before I go out, and are ready for a wee and a walk when I get back, but they seem quite happy with the situation.
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2012, 07:49 PM
I can leave our dogs all day at home alone but they have a dog door and a large garden which is secure to roam around in when I'm not here but it doesnt happen very often as I'm the one that has the separation anxiety! Occasionally I get home and they're lying in the hallway watching the world go by outside through the front porch and I'm not convinced they've moved from when I left!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3