Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 03:59 PM

Old man in shed - true story

Well here is the story behind the title of the thread...........

My Dad (late 70's) adores his shed spending ages out there in all weathers with his heater on, well today it appears my Mom took him a cup of tea and a jam tart out about 12'sh (then she settled down to watch something on sky and do some knitting)

I arrived about 2.30ish and Mom was asleep in the armchair I said "where's Dad" the reply from Mom "in his shed" then I heard banging - I wondered what he was making but he is always doing something so I took no notice. Then the banging continued I looked out the back kitchen window and thought I wonder what he is making then I looked again the shed was locked the bolt slid across the door I went out an opened it and inside a very irate old Man

"Silly old woman" were his only words "she brought me a cup of tea and a jam tart and locked the bolt on the door when I tried to get out I couldn't I've been banging here for about 2 hours" (he has a clock on the wall in the shed)
He is not a happy man and Mom's only reply was "I told you not to have a jam tart"

I think my falling about laughing did not help they have started talking again now though....but he is not happy, years ago he set up a signal method so Mom does not have to come out to get his attention, all she does is flick a switch which flashes a light twice which can mean breakfast, lunch, visitors or simply come in.

Trouble is Mom can't hear him if he shouts (that much after today is obvious) she puts the TV on or CD's and she is oblivious, plus she moves from room to room. He said he will padlock the bolt open so she can't lock him in again.

It was funny though, Karen
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 04:00 PM
lol! your poor dad!
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2006, 04:01 PM
ROFL, sorry that is funny. I would have laughed too.

Thats put a smile on my face.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Thats really funny just aswell you turned up when you did, or he could of been in there all night
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 04:03 PM
aww bless him i cant stop laughing at what your mam said[I TOLD YOU NOT TOO HAVE A JAM TART] thats brilliant
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Nah he wouldn't have been there all night as my Mom pointed out to him "he peels the potatoes for dinner while countdown is on" so I imagine she would have noticed he wasn't there by then Old people huh who'd have 'em.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 04:07 PM
thats brill - think I will get one of them for my OH - a shed with a lock from the outside - woudl solve all my problems !! LOL
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 04:22 PM
LOL.....That's really funny,I hope he see's the funny side when he calm's down.
Sal
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by nissanmad
LOL.....That's really funny,I hope he see's the funny side when he calm's down.
Sal

He's not really angry -he never is they get on well - they are kinda laid back Mom though has no real sense of humour hence the statement "he shouldn't have had the jam tart" but other than that they never stay angry for long especially at each other. Must be a family trait - being nice.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >