Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 09:24 PM

Hmmm.......

We have a show on Wednesday........... and i'm pooing myself ! sorry !
We did really well at our last open show and alfie took BOB, but our inexperience was painfully obvious ,i get sooo nervous which can't help him...and he hasn't really gained much improvement in ringcraft,When i say that... i mean whenever he's out of his home environment,he is so distracted,his nose takes over and he isn't as responsive,even when its somewhere (like ringcraft) that he goes regulary,i struggle to bring his head up and sometimes his feet come off the ground,yet at home hes 'perfect' i know its 'distraction' and for the life of me i don't know how else to 'get round it' . he enjoys showing so thats not the problem,maybe its just that we need more experience and time but i get that 'horrible' feeling before a show and worry we're gonna look silly.I think i'd feel better if it was a beagle group but its the AV hound and we haven't done that before and special beginners i think....Ooo scary,sorry splurging ! LOL
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 09:45 PM
1. Don't worry.
2. He's a hound, they always have their noses on the ground!
3. Don't worry.
4. If you want his head up, try dabbing a strong aftershave (the more horrible the better) under his neck or on his chest - that should do it!
5. Don't worry.
6.I have a show tomorrow, roughly my 50th in Ireland and who knows how many hundred over the last ten years. I still get the jitters, so it's incurable! So just ignore it!
7. Don't worry.
8. Don't forget, it's the dog that is being judged not you, but if it doesn't go well then put it behind you and look forward to the next show.
Let us know how you get on!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2006, 05:33 AM
If it is Boston I am expecting to be stewarding in the hound ring and I promise not to laugh too loud.:smt043

We all have the same problem and most dogs/hounds do cotton on in the end but some never do and it does not stop them winning, hound judges do, in the most part, understand hounds and this judge is very nice and fun to exhibit under.

Tell you what if you convince yourself you are going to enjoy yourself and not to perform or win you will feel much better and remember everyone else will be too busy trying to keep their hounds nose off the floor to worry about what you are doing. Just talk to him the whole time and he will be wondering why you are rabbiting on so much he may forgett to put his head down. Special Beginners is for hounds and people who have not done much serious winning so what are you worried about?

See you there I hope, sometimes you are told you are in a particular ring but when you get there someone else has not turned up and they ask you to change rings.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Thank you both xxx
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2006, 07:54 AM
[QUOTE=Thordell]If it is Boston I am expecting to be stewarding in the hound ring and I promise not to laugh too loud.:smt043

"You are so Naughty Thordell" -LOL- Yeah tis Boston,i'll be the one looking extremely nervous with the naughty beagle !!!!!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Aww try not to let nerves get to you too much - hope you enjoy your day.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2006, 08:35 AM
Thanks Ozzysmom- He decided to roll in fox poo again this morning so i'm gonna have to quickly bathe him - Twice in a couple of days -hes having a laugh-little sod !!!