Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

31-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
what years of social conditioning?
Dunno where you've been, but there are still far too many people quick to denigrate women for having a lot of sexual partners - yet, when men do it they're celebrated!

I don't mind what people think about people 'sleeping around' but, at least be consistent and hold the same opinion for both male and female it's unfair otherwise.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2010, 07:33 PM
I think some women might feel as you describe Azz, because of social pressure - I remember having a boyfriend who tried to persuade me to sleep with him but then told me he'd only marry a virgin .

However, I don't think that women generally don't like sex. It's like everything in life - women are all different and enjoy different things. Some might enjoy 'casual' sex, spontaneous sex, planned sex, some prefer it to be part of a close, or permanent relationship. Some might prefer (or need!) their partner to take the time to give the woman pleasure, others might get off on a quickie in the park. Some might like both and some might not want either.

If Stephen Fry's reported comments about Hampstead Heath are true - I must confess that a fumbled quickie with a total stranger in a filthy bog or prickly bush (perhaps lying on a dog turd someone didn't pick up) on Hampstead Heath doesn't do it for me.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Dunno where you've been, but there are still far too many people quick to denigrate women for having a lot of sexual partners - yet, when men do it they're celebrated!

I don't mind what people think about people 'sleeping around' but, at least be consistent and hold the same opinion for both male and female it's unfair otherwise.
In the grand scheme of things does what someone else thinks of your actions actually matter enough to make you change them? How ever many sexual partners a woman chooses to have is entirely up to her and if she chooses to let everyone know about it that's also upto her. I don't think anyone knows the exact number of sexual partners I've had, it's not loads but neither is it documented.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2010, 07:37 PM
But yr phrase was:
my theory is (and I guess Fry thought the same) is that it's not that women don't like sex, but that years of social conditioning has conspired to make it a negative thing - which in turn effects behaviour
which looks like you are commenting on women's views and feelings regarding sex, not blokes calling women slags?

obviously if a women sleeping around is a slag and man sleepig arpund is a stud, then that's just nonsense, nonsense that may be rooted in male chauvinistic hypocrisy.....chauvinism just the flip side of feminism, same ideological charlatan coin.
i dont think it has any relatiomnship to women's views upon sex though?

the man and women are either both studs or both slags, depends upon the individual.

or are you saying that years of social conditioning has made sex a negative thing for men?
hence their hypocrisy?
in which case, what social conditioning again?

i cant comment upon stephen fry, never heard it
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2010, 07:54 PM
If women have fewer sexual partners than blokes, who are the blokes having sex with?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
If women have fewer sexual partners than blokes, who are the blokes having sex with?
The easy girls that will go home with anyone, and have no self respect..
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
The easy girls that will go home with anyone, and have no self respect..
...and there is the social pressure
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
...and there is the social pressure
Yep
...and the lads that take them home for their little fling, aint no better!
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2010, 08:12 PM
As long as nobody is being forced......what's the prob.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
themselves
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >