Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 08:50 PM

'Yeti' found.

I can't help but look at this picture and feel sorry for the animal, why do people have to stick their oar in and have to know about it, the animal looks sad, and has been calling out, why can't they just let it go, I also feel that this poor creature is/will not be the beast in this story....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-in-China.html
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-05-2010, 08:56 PM
I feel sorry for it too

I hope they care for it properly - but I doubt that will happen, hey don't exactly have a good track record when it comes to animal rights!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 09:02 PM
The biggest thing is how will they know how to look after it properly, as I know that they can look at teeth to get an idea of what it eats, whether its a carnivore or a herbivore, but even then there is so many different things, how can anyone know what it needs to do well, as it may eat certain meat or something, and how would they know really what it likes to live like, they found it in woods, but will they even try to provide that enviroment, or will it just be a science experiment? And why can't people just let it be, can you imagine if it was you, and you was taken out of your home, and put in a cage so that people can look at you to find out what you are, maybe run a few tests, whether invasive or non-invasive, I'm also wondering whether it will ever be returned to the wild, or sold off to some zoo or collector for a lot of money when they've finished with it
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Oh it just makes you want to cry, poor thing. I doubt it will ever be released into the wild again.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 09:41 PM
I can't even look. I feel sorry for it from what you have all said. Poor thing.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 09:53 PM
I would bet you anything that is simply a Palm Civet with a bad case of mange, or some other skin condition. Hopefully they will treat the poor thing, or at the very least not tote it around as some kind of freakshow exhibit, but I don't hold out much hope for that happening
astle9
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-05-2010, 05:59 AM
i can feel the poor animals bewilderment through the photo, deeply upsetting.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2010, 06:45 AM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
I would bet you anything that is simply a Palm Civet with a bad case of mange, or some other skin condition. Hopefully they will treat the poor thing, or at the very least not tote it around as some kind of freakshow exhibit, but I don't hold out much hope for that happening
Looks very much like one doesn't it. Judging by the cage s/he has been photographed in there in not much hope for it.

I had never heard of one of those before and such a shame they are under threat of extinction. But one thing I'm pretty sure about is that it isn't a man that has turned into a bear!!!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Heart breaking, poor thing and in that tiny cage as well.
China doesn't have the best track record with animal welfare so I don't hold out much hope for its future.
Why can't man just leave things alone.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Can't look..... Can't look..... Can't look .....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >