Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 01:14 PM

Weird experience

Just got back from a walk with the dogs. One of them had had a poo on the walk.

A group of about 20 cyclists in high vis jackets were riding past. Now I always pick up after my dogs and even go to uni with poo bags in my pocket so there always there and I dont ever forget when I take them out.

These cyclists all stopped and stared at me while I was picking up the poo. I know they must see people not picking up all the time and it must annoy them but that freaked me out just a bit. Not all dog owners are irresponsible. Was very strange being watched like that
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Wierdo's! That IS strange!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 01:17 PM
You should have held the bag out and asked if they wanted it
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
You should have held the bag out and asked if they wanted it
Hehe if only I would have thought. I was that embarrassed though I just legged it to the bin lol.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Freaky!!! Some cyclists are a little unusual though. Just to add - I am a cyclist myself before anyone shouts at me!

Maybe they were shocked to realise that some owners do actually pick up after their dogs? I've never had such a large audience, I had a couple once when we were on one of our more rural walks observe me picking up after Max and I heard the woman say something like 'that is good of her' I should have asked for a sticker for being a good girl!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Maybe they were scared of the dogs? A lot of cyclists are attacked by dogs...so perhaps they were being respectful??? Dunno...it is weird, where were you
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Very odd, maybe they were the poop police and wanted to make sure you were using the proper bagging technique?

We were in the woods the other day and were watched by a group of ramblers. Cassie was pooing and you have to let her finish before you approch or get the bag out or she starts walking off mid poo spreading it everywhere. We were getting some death stares i can tell you as we stood waiting. Of course once she was done we picked it up but the death stars carried on.
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 02:41 PM
The same thing has happened to me. My dog had a poo on a field and there was a family of four staring at me. So as I was cleaning it up, I said " are you lot the new s**t inspectors now" I couldn’t help myself. Very strange.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 03:11 PM
best thing is when someone stays aren't you going to pick that up? when your bitch has a wee.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Maybe they were scared of the dogs? A lot of cyclists are attacked by dogs...so perhaps they were being respectful??? Dunno...it is weird, where were you
I was on the grass with the dogs, they were on the path.

Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
best thing is when someone stays aren't you going to pick that up? when your bitch has a wee.
Hehe not had this yet but people do seem to be looking and checking. Maybe they want us to pick it up with cotton wool swabs lol.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >