View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-06-2005, 05:31 PM
i know what you mean but the threat is in his planner and signed by this teacher.
i'm not against him being punished if it is justified then we tell him that he has to go.
but we made it clear breaks or dinner only which like candie said you have the right to do as parents.
its the fact he has threatened him with punishment and given a time etc before he has done anything wrong.
he will get his homework tom night by me.
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 05:34 PM
ow some teachers! if the homework was not due in what is his problem, i had the same sorts of problems with a geo teacher she hated me and alwalys made me go and get stuff for her and yell at me! yes i had to do re too i dont see why you need it if you dont plan to carry it on! good luck 2moz!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-06-2005, 05:40 PM
he will be dropping it anyway,just sooner than later.
the recp at school said he can drop it in y9 with his options so it looks like he's got appointments on thursdays if needed till then.
i know i need to calm down and teachers need to have control got no problems with that at all but when a teacher thinks its ok to abuse the power they have with a pupil its another thing.
like i said this has been going on since he started and still a problem it needs sorting, but i'm sorry i'm not having any teacher speak to or treat either of my kids like this they are breaking the education act and their own school policys.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 05:44 PM
As a teacher myself this doesn't make any sense at all!!Why would any teacher want any homework in earlier? cos remember we have to mark it all together anyway.I can't think of any reason unless it was an earlier hwk he's had extra time to do
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-06-2005, 05:53 PM
it was given last thurs hw was the uses of a church in picture form ie marriage etc,but he also put if its not in this thurs lesson he will be staying behind till 3;30.
i know it doesn't make sense it just proves he is threatening louis again without it being justified.
he has 1 lesson on a thursday,he has finished it tonight and i will give it him tom.
basically he is telling him if he forgets etc the hw then he is serving a detention but the thing is we are still trying to find out if louis may be dyspratic with no support from the school.
he gets average grades so if he is then its only mild and is coping with the subjects ok.
they already know about his organisation is not upto scratch it never has been then you get teachers like him threatening him with punishments.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 07:26 PM
This sounds bizarrely close to something that happened to me in 1st year (yr 7??). I had been off ill and my latin teacher threatened me with detention as I hadn't done the homework (I'd been off???). So my Mam sent him a little letter on the day of the supposed detention saying that she didn't want me travelling home on the bus on my own at the age of 11 in the dark. If he did so there would be a complaint filed against him. Needless to say I didn't do detention! I always hated that teacher, and Latin as a result.
Give him what for leo, it sounds like this teacher is being incredibly un fair!
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Make sure you log it all as well in case of further action needed!! is he being statemented for his dyspraxia ???
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-06-2005, 08:13 PM
hes not been stated but it was the school that said that he could be, it would explain why he is like whay he is. he had been like it from the start of school its on all the progress forms.which i have shown them to prove its the way he is not him being miss behaviour like the re teacher thinks.
even his recent progress report stated we know his issues regarding it. but then this teacher treats him like he does without considering the problems he has regarding school and the subjects. i had never heard of it before untill the yr manager told me about it,last yr his pe teacher said to us he thinks he is and he has had training in the subject to know when children are affected by where learning is concerned.
school contacted the special needs to get some one to watch him in a class (english) to see how he coped with a lesson.
she said if he is, its very mild and because his grades are average then they want to watch it for now, which i don't mind but it would explain alot of his problems in general. not just how is is at school but in general at home etc.
she also gave the list of things that the school could help support him better with the things he had problems with but it didn't last wrong.
they said a buddy to remind him to get his hw written down in his planner so he hasn't missed it the task's but it didn't last very long.
she agreeded with me that the school was not suporting him as well as they could, it was trying to help him with the issues with the school.
like i have said to them and this teacher if the hw is not written down in full as far as i know it has been completed and given in on time but then he slaps him with a detenstion because he as missed some of the work.
traybabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2005, 12:25 PM
I spend half my life arguing with my sons school - he is only in year 3 and the school is appalling I could take all day to tell you the things that have happened - I am sick to death of it - the intake for this year will be so low as parents are refusing to send their kids there. The only reason I haven't pulled him out is we are hoping to move up north next year and he has already done that for a year. I am stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea. We have had 7 inset days since december - headmistress (said in the loosest of terms!!) is running them april to april DER!!!!! I will be watching her!!! As has no more left for 9 months - I rang education dept at CC and they checked for me - she knows she is being watched!!! My son was away for weekend with dad (only happens twice a month) so I wrote note in maths book explaining and asked if it could be done on Mon night (bearing in mind he is only she didn't even check the book and punished him by losing golden time!!! I have had it - I know how you are feeling!! Sorry to rant!!!

TB xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2005, 08:19 PM
well seen the head he has issues with me not allowing school to keep him after 3-10.
i can enforce this as a parent under the education act and was dealt with last yr???
spoke to the teacher gave him his homework,he said it wasn't a threat but a consquence if he didn't hand it in.
but it was a notice that he was keeping after school so he would have made him serve it.
i said i have problems with the comments/threats of detention he seems fit to put of my son.
he was lol as if it was a game which i was angry about, he said he won't stay then.
but the comment he wrote say"3:30 next thursday if not finished!
so you tell me how to re act!
so i just simply told him i was going to remove him from the lesson,and he said fine!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2