View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 01:56 PM
I think the gag was childish and as it was for a new channel 4 show it's just another example of how modern tv is going down the pan
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Yup - it's going right up there with happy slapping in my book, just encourages hooligans to mimic the behaivour.
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 02:03 PM
trying to mimic people like Dennis Pennis who i did find funny though slightly insulting sometimes
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Yup - it's going right up there with happy slapping in my book, just encourages hooligans to mimic the behaivour.
It would have been amusing if a Chav had happy slapped him while he was moaning

Graeme
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Lol Graeme

I think hes good to his fans and seems to have more time for them than most, also Top Gun is one of my fave films, and hes a good actor!

I like Tom Cruiser and hes welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll fit!
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 02:31 PM
I am not a huge fan of Tom Cruise, however I do know that he spends a lot of time talking to the crowds whenever he is at a premiere, far more time than the majority of other movie stars

I don't think he over reacted. I think the prat who tried to get cheap laughs at Tom Cruises expense was symptomatic of what is wrong in the UK at the moment. People or so self obsessed it is unbelievable. The person squirting the water gave NO thought to how Tom Cruise would feel or how the fans would feel , all he was interested in was a cheap thrill for the cameras

It made me feel quite ill to be honest

Sorry for ranting
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 02:56 PM
I think he handled it very well.....
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2005, 04:16 PM
Not sure if I have lost my sense of humour today but if I wear squirted in the face with water by some stranger I would have ripped there face off.
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 04:35 PM
I agree with you Mel..of all the big stars, he does make a point of spending a lot of time talking to his fans who have waited for hours to meet him. Not many others do that and I actually think its a disgusting way to treat him. I mean take Britany Spears who just waltzed through without even acknowledging her fans who had waited all day to see her...she would have deserved it imo.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Close encounter I think - in this day and age that could have been anything!! Thank goodness it was water - I think he handled it well too.
Loved him in Top Gun - if we keep the pup we have here his pet name will be Maverick
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >