Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 11:05 PM
Thanks Jen

I brought Eddy up for comfort and he's gone to sleep

Just heard from them, he's given her antihistamine and a painkiller and if she's no better she's got to go back to our own vet in the morning. Going to go and make my folks a cuppa for when they get back seeing as they've just spent £130 in fixing my dog!

Thanks guys, I really needed some reassurance..
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 11:07 PM
aww bless her at least theve given her something to take down the swellings poor babe and aww bless eddy he must be missing her aww you have wonderful parents to help you out its a good job they were there to help out
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Hi Lottie the antihistamine injection usually works quite quickly, if you have any ice Takara may like a piece to suck when she gets back it will help if her throat and mouth have been swollen..hope she is ok soon.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Oh thanks for that mini and Jen.

I've been downstairs with her since my last message. She came in, went to bed and conked out (probably due to the two painkiller jabs she had at the vets!)

Vet said he thought it was a bite/sting allergy but didn't know what to but at least now I know what it is if it happens again!

She's absolutely zonked and has taken up the whole bed so we've allowed for Eddy to sleep on the chair in the living room for tonight so that he doesn't disturb her and get his head bitten off by a grumpy puppy! Plus, he's fast asleep on it so he may as well stay there...

She looks a bit of a state bless her and is feeling sorry for herself, the vet took one look at her and said 'oh you've been in the wars haven't you!'

But at least now I know she's more comfortable until the swellings go down.

Thanks so much for keeping me company guys! I really needed it. Let's hope she's never seriously ill 'cause I'd have a mental breakdown!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi Lottie how is Takara now ....hope she is better..
Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-08-2006, 09:22 AM
I have just been reading the posts, How is Takara now? Poor babe and you's too, the worst is not knowing what is going on. But it sounds really familliar, my old cat was stung by a wasp (she tried to eat) and she had very similar symptoms. I'm glad she is sleeping, they say sleep to heal.
Best Wishes,
AnneXX
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Hi Lottie
Sorry I missed this thread. How is she now?
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Hi guys,

Takara was still lumpy all day yesterday and was looking like a spotty version of a sharpei rather than a dalmatian!

But this morning she's a lot better, she's happier in herself, her nose has gone back down to it's original size and her eyes are open again!

She's absolutely fine, thanks everyone for your support!

One question - can I keep piriton for her in future so that if it happens again we can give her some straight away and how much do I give? She's 22 1/2 kilos.

Thanks!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Hi Lottie, don't know about the Piriton, i'm sure someone will be along to advice on that. I'm so glad she is back to normal. Must have been so worrying for you
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Berger
Hi Lottie, don't know about the Piriton, i'm sure someone will be along to advice on that. I'm so glad she is back to normal. Must have been so worrying for you
Thanks, I was incredibly worried! I'd be no good in a real crisis!

I know that a lot of people give piriton to dogs with allergies but I wasn't sure of the dosage!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >