View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Beta Man
New Member!
Male 

18-04-2015, 01:35 AM
I would like to foster dogs in the future, but because I decided to get a male/mastiff nobody will ever let me be a foster
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-04-2015, 02:33 AM
I ant add anything to the breed specific part of the thread and not wish to take it off topic but as it's already been mentioned...

My Harvey was a mixed breed and he came from the RSPCA shelter at Radcliffe on Trent in Nottingham. He was neutered by them before he came home and they said they do it because some unscrupulous people either use them to breed puppies for sale or worse and neutering stops that.

It never changed Harvey, or if it did it was for the better because he was a true smasher of a dog.

There seems to be a rise of un neutered dogs giving birth and the pups being dumped and that has to be controlled some how I spose.

It's one of thos subject that s marmite, you either agree or disagree but my own personal view is it would not affect my decision to adopt or not after all giving them a loving home is what counts.

I do think two months is overly long to wait. Harvey's took only two weeks. From reserving him to the home visit to him coming home was about two and a half if I remember correct.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2015, 03:53 AM
My only bad experience with rescue groups...she did a home check and the ferals that regularly hang out were considered our "housecats" as well. No explanation would get her to think otherwise. I dunno...
Beta Man
New Member!
Male 

18-04-2015, 01:16 PM
I can appreciate the concern for the most part. More than a few people, once they discovered I went to decent lengths and great expense to get a rare (for here anyways) breed that is potentially show quality, have asked if I would one day breed it with their random dog....... Hahaha. NO WAY.
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-04-2015, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Beta Man View Post
I can appreciate the concern for the most part. More than a few people, once they discovered I went to decent lengths and great expense to get a rare (for here anyways) breed that is potentially show quality, have asked if I would one day breed it with their random dog....... Hahaha. NO WAY.
I'm also in Ohio and trust me there will be no end to the idiots asking the breeding question.

Also yes is you have a mastiff type or Mastiff that is intact, even the Mastiff Rescue will not let you foster.

Side note: The ICCF super show is in Germantown, oh 25-26, this month.(Cane Corso's)
The MCOA 68th annual is in Wilmington, Oh june 2-7th.
(Mastiff's a.k.a Olde English Mastiffs)
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2015, 05:35 PM
lovemybull , I think that woman was unreasonable!

Its not easy fostering because its sad when you have to let them go . I bet there are a hell of a lot of failed fosterers out there,
Beta Man
New Member!
Male 

18-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by LMost View Post
I'm also in Ohio and trust me there will be no end to the idiots asking the breeding question.

Also yes is you have a mastiff type or Mastiff that is intact, even the Mastiff Rescue will not let you foster.

Side note: The ICCF super show is in Germantown, oh 25-26, this month.(Cane Corso's)
The MCOA 68th annual is in Wilmington, Oh june 2-7th.
(Mastiff's a.k.a Olde English Mastiffs)
I'll do my best to check that out! I love Cane Corso's too. I ended up getting a Dogo though. You planning on going to either?
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-04-2015, 04:40 AM
Originally Posted by Beta Man View Post
I'll do my best to check that out! I love Cane Corso's too. I ended up getting a Dogo though. You planning on going to either?
I'll be at both, there is also talk of a Dogo show in 2016, not sure if it will be in Oh or Ky.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2