Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2014, 10:50 AM

Peggie, my last foster girl

I am so upset to be told that Peggie is back in kennels, I wish I could take her back but my health prevents me. She is adorable, was no trouble when here apart from not being able to cope with my hooligans, was fine with 2 but not 4.

This is what I have posted on another forum about her, I do post for the rescue, Homeless Hounds, on there.

My sweet Peggie

Peggie is a female SBT about 10 years old who is currently in foster after having 2 operations to remove mammary tumours. I fostered her when she first came into Homeless Hounds care and found her an adorable dog to have, she has a good temperament and loves to sit on your knee for cuddles when she trusts you, it didn't take long for her to trust me.

Peggie did find living with 4 very active dogs difficult and I had to respect this as at her age it wouldn't be fair to ask her to cope with them. She did get on with my dogs and I never saw any signs of aggression, even with dogs outside. She doesn't like dogs rushing up to her which many dogs don't, mine don't, it does seem to make her nervous when they do. She would be better in a dog free home.

Peggie is untested with cats, she did see cats when out on walks but there wasn't any attempt to chase them but I wouldn't trust her with cats in her home.

She has not spent time around small children whilst with me or her other fosterer, I had an accident thanks to an off lead dog, which is why she went to another fosterer, and settled in there quickly.

Peggie is great in the car, she travels well and is well behaved, she is house trained, I never had an accident with her and she is not destructive, I was able to leave her without any problems.

Peggie loves to play with toys but like a lot of dogs will chew softer toys.

She is used to a crate, it was essential when she had her operation so she could rest without my gang bothering her and will go in and out when she wants if the door is left open but I never crated her when I went out.

Peggie loves her walks and I found her easy to exercise but I use a mobility scooter to exercise my dogs which she used to love as she could go at her pace not my very slow walk lol.gif. With the fosterer she is with now she still loves her walks which I expected. She also likes quiet time, she is a senior girl but young at heart but like us all we need to rest at times.

She is a very gently girl and would suite someone more mature who has mobility problems.

She would be better as an only dog or with a male,

She is wearing a dress in one of the photos because of her operation for mammary tumours to protect the wound.

Peggie is with Homeless Hounds and all dogs are neutered, vaccinated, wormed etc. and have full rescue back-up.

Please contact Emma@homelesshounds.org.uk if you think you could offer Peggie the home she deserves in her twilight years.

Homeless Hounds http://www.homelesshounds.org.uk/

Peggie loves to sunbath, taken on my bench last summer

Do you really mean that?

Does she have to sleep there

Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Oh little old girl, how sad for her. I hope she finds somewhere soon xx
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Aww how sad. She looks so lovely. Fingers crossed she finds somewhere. Have you tried the Oldies staffie club...I think that's what it's called.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2014, 09:24 PM
It is breaking my heart to see this lovely girl back in kennels, she really is such a sweet girl who loves cuddles. She spent most of her time with my on my knee.

The Old Staffy Club have been approached, said they would put her up but haven't yet.

Peggie is ideal for a mature person because of her gentleness, she is a lady and a princess and loves walkies.

I never had any problems with her when she was with me.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2014, 09:31 PM
When I worked for the Malcolm Cat Sanctuary in Limassol the cats I felt the most sorry for were those who'd been removed to live in a proper home and then later brought back.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Peggie went to another foster home when she left me, I kept her until one came available even though I wasn't well enough to cope, I couldn't let her go into kennels but she has now. She has gone through so much, she was at the end of a season when she came to me and was spayed as soon as possible in case she was in pup and had a mammary strip at the same time. After she went into the other foster home she had the other side done so has had 2 mammary strips.

Her previous owner was a druggy, when she came to me she didn't know when she was going to be fed, when she realised that food was there several times a day she thought all her birthdays and Christmas's had come at once.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Aww bless, she is gorgeous!
I shouldn't look at rescue pages, makes me feel so sad for these poor doggies!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2014, 08:36 PM
What about little angels staffie rescue?
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2015, 09:32 AM
She is lovely and I'll bare her in mind when people ask me about a rescue dog. So many needign homes though.
Windywoman
New Member!
Female 

06-05-2015, 12:54 PM
I know this is an old post but I really hope that she found a good home, I couldn't find her on the website. xx