register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Should I let the dogs sleep upstairs?!!!
Of course... 33 76.74%
Are you mad....with Cosmo's muddy habits??? 10 23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I live in a bungalow but when we lived in a house our other dogs were always upstairs.

Go on, let 'em
I know part of me thinks ah blow it why not....but then I think of the mud....
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I know part of me thinks ah blow it why not....but then I think of the mud....
Lol I might feel differently if I had a Cosmo
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:56 PM
I must admit we have given up on our fresh white organic fairtrade cotton linen!!

It's also a pain in them bum having to brush alll the bits of mud off when you get into bed!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Lol I might feel differently if I had a Cosmo
Yes...love him to bits so want him with me...but not the mud and twigs...
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I must admit we have given up on our fresh white organic fairtrade cotton linen!!

It's also a pain in them bum having to brush alll the bits of mud off when you get into bed!!
seee...I don't want to do that.... Maybe I could brush them everynight before bed instead of after walk..
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 06:06 PM
I dont let my dogs anywhere other than in the kitchen, and upstairs is defo out of bounds.

I think once you share the whole house with your dogs, they start to take the mickey a bit and I simply dont like the dirt and dog hair everywhere, plus the doggy aroma. My car smells bad enough and my dogs are always groomed and cleaned so I dont want my house turning the same way as my car.

I think if dogs spend all their time with you, whether you be in bed, or watching the tv or whatever then they appreciate that time less. I give my dogs plenty of my time but they are not always with me, I shut the door on them once that time is over. They then look forward to the time they spend with me because they know that in that time, something good is going to happen such as grooming, playing, walking etc.

I know most people on here share their house with their dogs so wont agree with me but I hope there is somebody who knows what i'm trying to get at!
Petrina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Haha, yeah, probably. Now he comes in and licks the bubbles in the bath!! Also, when he wants a bath, he just jumps in with me. Very annoying but always amusing ;o)
COr I'd love it if my dog were that keen to get in the bath

To the OP when I first got my dog I lived in a house, she wasn't allowed upstairs (couldn't get upstairs at first aww) and we didn't need a baby gate. Her crate, her food, everything she needed was downstairs. Then I got a bit more relaxed and now she goes wherever she likes. Sleeping on the landing where the hot water pipe goes under the floor was a favourite spot.

Now I'm in a flat so it doesn't make any odds, she'd be very happy to sleep on our bed but boyfriend gets annoyed with the snoring so she has a bed outside the bedroom door. I like to think she thinks she's protecting us, silly staffy.

If it were me the stairgate would drive me mad, why not try it without? They might not even come upstairs as they're so used to not being able to. OTOH you could come home to find your bed with mysterious fur circles left on the covers!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I dont let my dogs anywhere other than in the kitchen, and upstairs is defo out of bounds.

I think once you share the whole house with your dogs, they start to take the mickey a bit and I simply dont like the dirt and dog hair everywhere, plus the doggy aroma. My car smells bad enough and my dogs are always groomed and cleaned so I dont want my house turning the same way as my car.

I think if dogs spend all their time with you, whether you be in bed, or watching the tv or whatever then they appreciate that time less. I give my dogs plenty of my time but they are not always with me, I shut the door on them once that time is over. They then look forward to the time they spend with me because they know that in that time, something good is going to happen such as grooming, playing, walking etc.

I know most people on here share their house with their dogs so wont agree with me but I hope there is somebody who knows what i'm trying to get at!
Jeepers!! Where's the fun in that? I could never go without my Woody cuddles on the sofa at the very least.

Sorry, of course everyone has their view on how they see a dog's place in the home ;o)
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 06:15 PM
For me, the cuddles come in the garden, sitting on the bench or whatever. I see the state of the dogs beds, I wouldnt want that for my furniture but everybody has different tolerance levels.

My dogs arent any less happy because they go to sleep on their own beds in the kitchen or dont sit on the sofa with me and it doesnt mean the time I spend with them is of a lesser quality.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 06:17 PM
For me, the cuddles come in the garden, sitting on the bench or whatever. I see the state of the dogs beds, I wouldnt want that for my furniture but everybody has different tolerance levels.

My dogs arent any less happy because they go to sleep on their own beds in the kitchen or dont sit on the sofa with me and it doesnt mean the time I spend with them is of a lesser quality.
I bet your house is lovely ;o)
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 06:19 PM

My house doesn't smell of dog. I hoover and mop the whole of downstairs everyday and make sure it doesn't...I am allergic to dogs and if I don't do that it starts to effect me.
I have had the dogs upstairs before and it's fine ...again as long as I keep everywhere reasonably hair less. (The two I have now shed less than the 2 I had then so it shouldn't be a problem.)

I like sharing my sofa and tv time with the dogs. I do appreciate everyone is different...but just because the hounds are with me all over downstairs, doesn't mean my house stinks. It doesn't. Not of dogs at least...current smell is some smelly candle from IKEA....
Originally Posted by Petrina View Post
COr I'd love it if my dog were that keen to get in the bath

To the OP when I first got my dog I lived in a house, she wasn't allowed upstairs (couldn't get upstairs at first aww) and we didn't need a baby gate. Her crate, her food, everything she needed was downstairs. Then I got a bit more relaxed and now she goes wherever she likes. Sleeping on the landing where the hot water pipe goes under the floor was a favourite spot.

Now I'm in a flat so it doesn't make any odds, she'd be very happy to sleep on our bed but boyfriend gets annoyed with the snoring so she has a bed outside the bedroom door. I like to think she thinks she's protecting us, silly staffy.

If it were me the stairgate would drive me mad, why not try it without? They might not even come upstairs as they're so used to not being able to. OTOH you could come home to find your bed with mysterious fur circles left on the covers!

I have left it open just now and they are still with me downstairs...see if it stays like that when I head loo wards..
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >