View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2007, 05:41 PM
I wear make up if i go out, but dont wear it everyday.
1 i cant be arsed
2 i actually look different if i go out, rather than always looking like a made up clown.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 06:28 PM
i tend to wear some if going out, or if im in a "smart" mood...(not often!!)

i used to wear it EVERYDAY even putting some on to walk the dog, but i cant be bothered now... im in the shop all day so i scoop my hair into a pony tail, throw on my jeans and jumber and away i go....sleep is FAR too important to me to get up early enough!!!

Alex
xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 06:36 PM
When I had horses for well over 20 years, I never bothered with the stuff, only if we went out at night, and I used to use make-up that was years old too, I'd never have dreamed of buying make-up when there were horse rugs to buy! Nor clothes either, I'd always be walking around in my mud splattered fleeces with hay and straw stuck to them! God knows what people must have thought who didn't realise I had a horse!!!

Since losing my dear old horse though, I've totally changed. I always wear make up to go out, in fact, unlike before, I'd never dream of going out of the house without a bit of tinted moisturiser (NOT foundation!)mascara and eye brow pencil, but no lippy, I only wear that at night if we ever go out. I'm always buying new clothes too, it just feels nice to be dressed smartly for once after all those years of walking around like an old tramp! Lol!

I can never understand these women who won't go out of the house without lipstick on??? That's the last part I'd think of putting on!

So yes, I do like to look smart, and doing my hair is a MUST, the rest isn't quite as important as the hair!
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Nah i own very little and very very rarely wear any make up. When i do its only a little mascara, eye shadow and a bit of lippy.

Too time consuming too expensive and to be honest i want people to see me for me! Not a smoothed over version lol. Also i dont think its very good of my skin - always makes me feel greasy and skanky lol.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm joining this club - I don't wear make up either. If there was a big do, like the Christmas party (which I don't go to anyway) then I'd put some mascara on and perhaps a bit of eye pencil, some lippy perhaps. It's so rare though, I really can't be ar*ed!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Me too I havent worn make up for years its just not "my thing" ... now, boots, they are "my thing" :smt007
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 09:54 PM
When I worked in advertising I had the full whack on everyday and lovely long painted nails.

Then I moved here and started work at 7am, that all went out the window. I didn't bother.
No one here knew me with make up so it didn't worry me.

However, I am now used to getting up early and also I now look after myself. It's more for my skin than anything.

I exfoliate every morning (its's just washing so no extra time needed).

Then I always have a moisturiser with spf15 (should've done it years ago but hey ho).

Then I used a sweep of Virgin Vie one step face base, takes literally a minute. It give a flawless finish to my skin, it's brill. (highly recommend it).

Then eyeshadow, coz my best bits are my eyes and I've always loved the colours. Wear allsorts of combinations. I have a big collections of eyeshadows lol.

Then Maybelline mascara that never runs, never clumps and comes off with water, I love it!

I'm so used to wearing make up I wouldn't feel my skin was protected without it, and I have very sensitive skin that doesn't like the elements.

Mind you I will go out without make-up if needs must, like when I was ill at the weekend, as I couldn't have cared less lol.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Im in too, i don't own none either i'm allergic to most makeup any ways, i'd feel like i have a mask on if i did, either people like you the way you are or not at all
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 08:12 AM
I don't wear, or even own any.

I even refused to wear it on my wedding day - Iso and my Mum managed to hold me down and get a smudge of mascara or eyeshadow on or something though! Yuck!

I do like to laugh at the people who put it on so thickly all you can see is the powder on their face, about 10 shades darker than the rest of their skin!
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2007, 08:36 AM
I'm the mascara queen! I LOVE mascara and have gone through just about every one there is. I have settled on Mac Fibre Lash. All my stuff is Mac as it's good quality and is one of the best brands for my skin tone. I own foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, blusher and this stuff that gives me a nice glow.

On a day-to-day basis, I wear mascara and vaseline but on the odd occasion I go out I like to make a big effort. Makeup should be used to enhance what you have, not make you look like a clown. If it's obvious you have it on, you're either going for that look or have done it wrong.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >