Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2017, 06:39 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday 19th July.

Good Morning all, Boy what a storm last night, It was right overhead, the lightening was lighting up the whole flat. Thankfully it didn't seem to bother Amber.

I hope everyone else is ok this morning, some of those in Cornwall have not been so lucky, do feel for them.

Lynn, poor Gill I am not surprised she is tired of it all. It must be awful to think she has to go through all that stringent chemo again, but how much time will it bring her? Hope Dillon is ok bless him.

June do wish you would just pop in and let us know how things are with you. We worry about you so much. Hope the girls are all ok.

Griff, hope Dex is a bit better today and you and the other four legged friends are ok.

Mandy, hope you are progressing steadily.

Nippy Jen and Brian, trust you are both ok.

Harvey, hope Casey is improving and Lara is ok too, yourself also, take care.

Kazz, hope Buster is much better, bless his little heart.

Apologies to anyone I have missed out on but hope you are all doing ok.

Have a good day all, Stay warm and dry and above all SAFE and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2017, 07:31 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Yep big storm here and Tyto hated every minute of it. Couldn't even calm him with t.touch until it had abated a bit. Supposed to be having more of the same again today, probably, as it is very grey out and heavy. My tinnitus is definitely weather related as it is awful today so on here trying to take my mind off it. Not working.Have found lots of bus stops for holiday and booked all taxis. So just need the time to fly by now so that I can get away. Have a good day all and don't get to wet if you venture out. Have emailed June but doubtful I will hear from her as I know she is going through some bad times. I sympathise with her as know exactly how she feels. Will let you know if I hear back.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Brenda, hope your tinnitus improves must be very wearing.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2017, 08:23 AM
Morning Moyra , brenda and all who follow.
Storms here to but not as bad or I dozed off between them and Dillon din't come upstairs or bark. Si I'm guessing we got off lightly. They were bad in London to Gorden said.
Terrible for those families in cornwall who have lost their homes.
brenda hope the tinnitus abates and your holiday comes round quickly.

I am also hoping June is ok I wonder if griff has had a response to her note she sent.
No Kazz for a couple of days hope it's work keeping her busy and not problems with Buster or her mum.

Thank you griff and Moyra for well wishes for Gill. Really not sure how much time it will buy her Moyra if she is viable once again for the chemo. It does seem the time in between needing it are getting less and the last lot had no effect on the tumour whatsoever.
Will have to wait to see what stage the tumour is at and if it is indeed viable once again. She has been a good couple of months with no treatment now.
Of course more time to wait for a scan and then the results.

Just housework here today only downstairs today and get ready for the family get together at the weekend, boys and partners and Joel over to celebrate Gorden's 60th and our 40th anniversary. They were all busy or working last weekend.
Dillon not wanting a walk today his usual bouncy self but is wanting games instead. Fine by me.

Moyra how is Amber's leg this morning ?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2017, 08:36 AM
Lynn, I think it is her claws they need cutting but she wont let me do them!Will have to get her to the vets to have them done. Think she will need a tranquiliser, she hates anyone touching her paws.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2017, 09:09 AM
Dillon is the same hates paws touched. Luckily he wears his down naturally with road walking. To do ears or trim pads takes Gorden feeding him treats and me going in with and doing the deed.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2017, 09:47 AM
ooooo we never got a storm!!! my pair are o.k with fireworks and thunderstorms luckily, my old dog hated both though so i do sympathise.
Brenda, i used a homeopathic remedy for fireworks and it is good for thunder too...it's called no noise and available from www.caninenaturalcures.co.uk
Lynn, i guess at some point Gill will need to weigh up is the side effects of treatment going to be worth it...i am lucky my chemo is a lower dose but i still get the nausea, vomitting, diahorrea..luckily kept my hair all throughout except a tiny little patch where it went very very thin
Moyra, neither of mine like having their claws done...i am mean and make them though Lol...i have to do it when my dad isn't around as he says "just leave it" but then i am in the same situation as you sedatives and vet visits
Doing nothing today...well that's a lie, putting my fake tan on...but will avoid the dogs this time Lol
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2017, 10:07 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you can get a quick visit to the vet for Amber's claws Moyra.

Hope treatment works for Sex Griff. Are you being good today and doing your chemo?

Pleased everything is now looking good for your holiday Brenda. Hope the tint eases soon.

Do hope they can give some relief to Gill. Hugs to you all.

I use a dremel on Teazle's nails. She is not keen but just pulls her foot away sometimes. She isn't fussed about you touching her paws though as I often sit rubbing them

We didn't do too badly with the storm last night as I was hardly disturbed. Feel sorry for those who have had damage done to their property in the West Country.

Overcast here this morning but washing out and blowing nicely. Two trips to the tip he been done as Barry decided yesterday, against my advice. to cut down an ivy tree so I spent 5 hours cutting branches and bagging it all up but at least it was done and in the dry.

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Sue, that is a lot of work!!! Yep...chemo duly taken, was going to give it a serve but that is becoming a habit and a bad one!!! i also have a banging headache, had it since last night so didn't really want to do it, have another 15 mins to wait and then i can get something to eat and get some painkillers..thank goodness!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2017, 11:58 AM
just catching up on Outlander Brenda.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >