Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cobweb08
New Member!
Female 

20-06-2017, 01:15 PM

Alternative therapies

Hi, I'm new here and looking for some advice.

My little Yorkie (Cobweb) has recently very sadly been diagnosed with lung cancer and the mass on her lung is now considered by my vet as inoperable. She is at the moment reasonably comfortable and I want to ensure the best quality of life for whatever time she has left with as little invasive treatment as possible. I have long had an interest in human alternative therapies and have therefore been investigating the possibilities for dogs.

Does anyone have personal experience in either CV247 or Mistletoe therapies which have both come up when I have been researching?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-06-2017, 04:09 PM
I have recently lost one of my old girls to a mast cell tumour, however I was recommended on here to CBD oil
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sho...9?skuid=008899
and I think another is Cumin Oil, was going to look at that and I lost her within a couple of days before I had actually read up on it
Prior to that she was doing really well, and the Saturday before her death was playing in the river with a couple of my other girls, and it was only on the following Wednesday things went rapidly downhill. Definitely seemed to give her a bit of a boost for the few months she was taking it
Cobweb08
New Member!
Female 

29-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Thank you for your reply and I'm sorry to hear of your loss, it's so hard isn't it!

I have been recommended a holistic vet and Cobweb has been prescribed CV247 which is a complementary therapy. It won't cure her very advanced tumour sadly but I do detect a slight spring in her step and her appetite has improved a little. This is all that matters to me now, her being kept as comfortable as possible.