Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
xxflowerxx
New Member!
Female 

10-06-2017, 05:32 AM

I need advice!!!

For the last 2-3 days I've noticed my dog has not been interested in her food. 2 nights ago she finished what she was given but yesterday and today she has barely touched it. Eating a little bit here and there not much to notice if you're not paying attention. However, she still eats carrots (fav treat) and I tried feeding her boiled chicken which she has no problem eating. What should I do? should I contact the vet?

** PS
she's been acting like this since she went to the vet and took some flea medicine which she threw up 30 min after taking it. The vet said it was bc she took it on an empty stomach and motion sickness from an immediate car ride home. She took her temp and it was normal.

My dog seemed really tired after getting home that aftertnoon and as the days have went by she has started to be more active. She still enjoys going for walks, being outside for a bit & playing (although she didnt seem to want to play as much today)

What do you guys think?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-06-2017, 08:51 AM
Flea treatment is usually in the form of aerosol or drops to go on the coat usually around the neck/ between shoulders area, not one for consumption. I would demand to know from the vet why he prescribed that treatment against a safer alternative. Ar you sure it was for fleas or something else.

I do wonder why go to a vets for flea treatment when most pet stores or supermarkets sell products for this problem and a lot cheaper than what a vets charge
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2017, 05:20 PM
There are tablets now for flea treatment. Wouldn't touch them. What breed is your dog? Some treatments are dangerous for collie/collie type breeds. Hope your dog is better soon.
xxflowerxx
New Member!
Female 

10-06-2017, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
There are tablets now for flea treatment. Wouldn't touch them. What breed is your dog? Some treatments are dangerous for collie/collie type breeds. Hope your dog is better soon.
She's a mixed breed so I'm not really sure that her exact breed is. She's been active the past couple of days. She's been eating some of her food but she still barely touches it compared to other food (carrots, boiled chicken)