Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-05-2013, 09:10 PM

Mario, male Staffie, DOB 01.12

Mario, Staffie, DOB 01.12 – Godstone, Surrey

Homing Requirements: Mario needs a family whose expectations are towards what they can offer Mario to overcome his concerns and so that he will learn to settle his nerves around other dogs. Exit management needs to be ensured and a secure garden to enjoy. Family with older children but a well thought through strategy around managing a dog nervous of dogs accompanied by children outside.

Video: Mario walking with SuzieBee

His Story: Mario was handed in by his owner. He has grown up with young children, apparently he was attacked as a puppy by several dogs and the owners kept him away from dogs and seldom walked him. Couldn't keep him any longer as hasn't got time for him so handed him to the local dog warden. Mario is neutered, chipped and fully vax'd.

Advert: Mario came into rescue before Christmas. He wants to ignore dogs, will bark if he feels threatened and has very low self-esteem. He walks in the vicinity of other dogs just going about his own business, but is conscious of them. He can wag his tail but needs to gradually acquire a sense of safety around them. Mario adores people and the vet had a problem vaccinating him due to the face wash being liberally given!

Mario is a little white Staffie who is such a pretty boy. A sweet button face and his eyes shining with love and enthusiasm. He will need the right owners and they will know how to slowly give him a sense of safety in his own walking territory and to get him to tolerate accompanied non-threatening walks with leaded dogs. Mario is a treasure in the home and adores children.

Please note that this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: This ad has been posted by Rescue Remedies Dog Rescue. We are a registered charity (No. 1139407) and our work involves finding unwanted dogs their life long homes. We currently have approx. 100+ dogs under our wing. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-07-2013, 05:29 PM
"Some of our dog's true character comes out in kennels. Mario is ever the entertainer, aptly named his Latin American roots are obvious to anyone opening up his kennel in the morning as he makes his bedding into a poncho with such skill and panache...

Mario is still patiently waiting for a home of his own! Could you offer Mario a place to hang his poncho?!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Mario is exactly what you see in the photos, a happy, fun, slightly cheeky little bundle of Staffiness. Can't understand why he has not been snapped up?????

Mario would also welcome a foster place until his home comes along.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-09-2013, 09:02 PM
"Hi!
I am Super Mario and I would like to tell you about my walks.
I love going out so I am very excited when a walker comes to my kennel but I have learnt to stand still while I have my harness put on.

The first thing I do when I go out is my toileting. I am told I am a good boy for trying to keep my kennel clean and prefer to go while out on my walks. After that I am so very busy as there are so many interesting smells and noises and rustling along the hedgerows. I do stop to look at the horses sometimes but not for long. They are not that interesting! Occasionally I find something special like a stick which I might chew or just carry with me or some horse poo but I don't think I am supposed to eat that as I get told off!

I love to run when I get in the field. I really, really love to run so it is great when I have a long lead and I can run ahead and go wherever I choose but I am told I am a good boy when I come back to my walker when they call my name. I also know I am a good boy when I listen and I know when to leave something or to wait.

I love a paddle in the stream. It was very muddy today but I don't mind mud, sometimes I like to lie down in it because it is squishy and cool.

Today I got to go in the special room and jump on the cushions on the seat while my walker found a pigs ear which I carried back to my kennel and put in my bed.

I love my walks and let everyone know by wagging my tail and smiling all the time.

So can you consider giving me a home - promise I'll be extra good"?!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-10-2013, 05:23 AM
An update from Mario's fosterer ...

"I reckon Mario is 90% fit after his major surgery, and certainly available for adoption now. It's been a near impossibility "keeping him quiet" for nearly six weeks....he just loves his walks and wants to play, especially with Kingsley (another foster dog), whenever he gets the opportunity. Today he has three half hour walks and used his injured leg throughout. He tends to stretch the leg out behind him periodically....as I said in an earlier"post", I think the tendons are still quite tight and will loosen up with time.

He is such a happy boy, wagging his tail throughout the day. He relates wonderfully well with whoever has control of him....forever looking round and staring at you with those big dark Staffie eyes.

Not one "accident" in the house, even on the odd occasion when he has had to wait till last for his early morning "comfort walk"....what a good boy!!

He really will make a great companion for somebody/family looking for an "easy" dog....yes, he does take an interest in squirrels, but a firm "no" is all that is required, and he walks on.

It's time this lovely boy had a home and armchair to call his own....he's been waiting patiently now for nine months, but has lost none of his enthusiasm or love of life".
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Mario is still available for adoption – if you are interested in offering Mario a home please complete our homing questionnaire.
Closed Thread