View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ILoveMyDoggies
New Member!
Female 

09-09-2013, 12:04 AM

I'm very worried about my chihuahua she is 18 years old. Lumps coughs wheezing..

HI I'm new on here but I am really worried about my old girl Onery. she is 18 years old and has bumps on her chest and is wheezing coughing and often she coughs three times in her chest then the cough becomes stronger then she. Opens her mouth and gags. She also sleeps a lot and her tail is always up (wich I heard when therir tail is up they are happy). She can barley walk down the stairs outside in the backyard and she has arthritis. She also has cataracts. Is there any reason to be worried she has been with me for a really long time since she was 8wks old. So I really want to if know she's ok. She hasn't got her shots for this year yet though we are making a appointment. Shé also is urinating on a lot of stuff, and has trouble getting on the couch that is less then a foot tall. She's urinating on EVERYTHING. From pillows to blankets to floors. When she's outside less then five minutes in this 101 degree weather she is panting like mad any longer and. I'm afraid she will have a heat stroke. and even though she's panting we pick her up and put her by the water bowl and she doesn't even drink any of it. Most of her teeth are gone and I'm trying to give her soft food whenever I can but I forget often and that makes me angry at my self. She was overweight and lost a few pounds. I think she's eating the hard food but I have still been trying to give her soft food whenever I can. I have to observe her a little bit more to make sure, but I'm planning to take her on a checkup soon but even if something is wrong we can't do surgery or anything like that because she is 18 years old. I just want to know what you guys think. Thanks so much for reading this, Avery.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2013, 08:15 AM
I'm very sorry if I've got this wrong, and if so please ignore, but why do you have a new account for almost every thread?
AussieLove101, MyDogz, ILoveMyDoggies - all seem to have this 18 year old chi Onery, but the names, locations and other breeds keep changing - just a little confused is all!

18 years is very old for any dog, and like you'd do for a very elderly person, she needs special treatment.
I don't mean to sound rude, but "forgetting" to give her the appropriate food simply isn't good enough.
I wouldn't be expecting an 18 year old arthritic dog of any size to be jumping up on the couch or being forced to go down stairs - get a ramp for the stairs so she can walk down easily, please.

My first dog began peeing almost uncontrollably during the night when she had kidney failure. Most, if not all of Onery's problems are likely down to age, but that doesn't change the fact that this poor little dog needs to see a vet to find out if anything can make her more comfortable - make an appointment today.

Don't force her to be outside, especially in such heat! If she has difficulty getting up the stairs, then she has no choice but to stay out, doesn't she. Make absolutely sure there are plenty areas of shade around the garden, as well as more than enough water sources. As above ramp would possibly make it more easy for her to chose to be inside or outside.

Again, I'm very sorry if the other accounts aren't you, but if they are, putting them all together, it almost seems like you want people to agree with you to put her down so you can get a new puppy....
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2013, 08:28 AM
You've confused me too. When I logged on very early today every thread I looked at was an old one revived by you?

I'm sorry to hear that your elderly dog is poorly. But I am finding your accounts of this dog (and others) very hard to follow. You mentioned your 18yr old chi in other posts earlier today but not the stuff you are saying here?

From the times it seems within an hour or so you posted this on an old Gone but Not Forgotten thread about a dog that had been in the news (not one of our members' dogs) ...
Schoep the arthritic dog dies at 20 - Page 2
I'm so sorry bless him. My chihuahua is 18 years old. I hope she lives as long as this wonderful dog.
No mention of her being poorly?

Saying you hope she lives to 20 one minute and then posting this huge list of ailments and problems the same day? Very confusing indeed.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Totally baffled as well What's the story??????
Changing your profile once is confusing enough but no offence if you're gonna be changing it every week then I doubt anyone will take you seriously
Members on here are mad as hatters but not a bit slow If this is your new profile so be it,but keep it truthful,that way you won't have to be keeping track of what you said,that can't be fun
Dogsey is a great place to be,you will get amazing advice on here,just keep it real
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2013, 11:05 AM
I hope your little dog lives for a very long time, but no dog lives forever and she is already very old.

For your own sake, so you are not filled with guilt and remorse when she dies, you should make sure you do everything you can for her while she is alive. If she has all those symptoms, she really should see a vet. And as she is a chihuahua with presumably a small appetite, it should be fairly easy to give her the best quality soft food you can afford.

And if will be much easier for people here to give you advice if you stick to one identity so we know the background. Am I talking to Mackenzie or Jaine or Avery?
Or someone else?
ILoveMyDoggies
New Member!
Female 

09-09-2013, 12:47 PM
I dont know these people as well im as well baffled, must be a qouincedince. (sorry if thats spelled wrong) But i do not know these usernames, so thats very weird :/ i dont know whats going on either...
ILoveMyDoggies
New Member!
Female 

09-09-2013, 12:50 PM
And im not begging her to be put down! im just ELEVEN years old and i wanted help to see if my dog was ok! if thats not how you see it then im deleting my dogsey!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
...[snip]...I'm very sorry if I've got this wrong, and if so please ignore, but why do you have a new account for almost every thread?
AussieLove101, MyDogz, ILoveMyDoggies - all seem to have this 18 year old chi Onery, but the names, locations and other breeds keep changing - just a little confused is all!
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
...[snip]...Totally baffled as well What's the story??????
Changing your profile once is confusing enough but no offence if you're gonna be changing it every week then I doubt anyone will take you seriously
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
...[snip]...
And if will be much easier for people here to give you advice if you stick to one identity so we know the background. Am I talking to Mackenzie or Jaine or Avery?
Or someone else?
Apart from being confusing, multiple accounts contravene Dogsey Rules.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2013, 01:23 PM
If your dog is 18 and you have had her since she was 8 weeks old, how can you be 11?

We're not that thick.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2013, 01:34 PM
I find it very difficult to believe that you do not know who these other users are; same syntax, same elderly chihuahua with the unusual name, same jump to delete account when you don't like the responses you get...

Gosh, this is just getting odder and odder
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >