View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2007, 09:18 PM

Oh what a horrid horrid woman I met today, but a lovely ending!

I had the dogs out today in our local park and I was with my wee lad and my younger brother (19).

We took the dogs for a run on the fields (and a swim in the beck!), and then my brother took my lad to play on the climbing frames and swings e.t.c, while I sat on a bench outside the play area (which is all fenced in) with the dogs.

The dogs were offlead and wandering around near me sniffing and doing what dogs do. Not causing any trouble to anyone and outside of the play area fence. Charlie ran over to the fence a few times to look through the bars at my lad and my brother playing, and a child of about 9 or 10 opened the gate and tried coaxing him inside the play area with his mother and siblings stood near him laughing!

I called Charlie back and he came right back to me and didn't go into the play area nor take any notice of this boy. I held his collar 'til this boy gave up calling MY dog over and carried on playing, then I let Charlie go so he could watch through the fence again.

About 5 mins after this the same boy and his sister came running out of the play area and started chasing Charlie (who ran back to me) and then came right up to me and the other dogs and went to chase Maddy. Maddy barked at them and they ran screaming (but laughing not frightened) back into the play area.

Then came the mother yelling all sorts of profanities and telling me to get my dogs on a lead. This infurtiated me after what HER BRATS had done aggrovating the dogs as if they have more right to be there than us? So I told her to get her kids on a lead. Which didn't go down too well and she gathered her children and came over shouting at me that it was a public park and dogs should be on a lead in public places.

I said no, they should be under control, which I believe they are, and your children are not. She started telling me how she has seen wild animals under more control than my dogs so I called all 4 of the dogs to me and 'sat' them in a line and said, hmmmmmmm can you do that with you kids? :smt043

THEN she started taking photos of me on her mobile phone yelling how she was going to report me and my viscious dogs for me having them offlead and chasing and growling at kids all over the park! TAKING PHOTOS OF US! The cheeky *******..... And then she left.

But then I got really cheered up, a lad who must have been no older than 14 or 15 had seen all this happen and came over and sat on the bench with us and was telling me that he had 2 chi's and a staffy at home, and how the woman was out of order with what she was accusing, and he sat and stroked Maddy who was totally shaken up and barking her head off, and he said "Oh one of ours is nervous like this, I know what it is like".

I didn't want to sound like an old biddy and say, "Oh your parents have done a good job with you what a lovely young lad!" but he really was. Chance is a fine thing to find a nice teenager these days, especially around here, but he really made my day this lad! Sat there soothing Maddy while she was barking with nerves, I couldn't believe my eyes! Wonderful.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2007, 09:22 PM
What a dozy old bat.....
...and what a lovely young lad!

Nice to see a happy ending
Dolly
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Stupid ignorant woman, but what a really nice young lad you met. Fortunately not everyone is so obnoxious, don't worry about her she is not worth it.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2007, 09:31 PM
and they say the old teaches the young , not in that case lovely ending xxdk
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-08-2007, 09:59 PM
What a spiteful bitch!!! Makes you wonder why compulsory spaying isnt law for some people...
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2007, 10:00 PM
hope you smiled in the photos !!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanx everyone, I was absolutely livid at the time, especially at the sheer cheek of her, but i've calmed down now.

That lad cheered me up no end though, bless him!

Steve I wish it was! Her children were far from under control! What makes it ok for them to chase my dogs around and then tell me to put my dogs on a lead around her kids?!?!

I think I was more looking like this in the pics... as I couldn;t believe what she was doing!

I did put my sunglasses on though and pose for the last one! :smt043

I said i'd be ready and waiting when she'd read up on dog laws and came back to apologise.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-08-2007, 11:07 PM
What a wonderful ending, there are a lot of wonderful kids out there, unfortunatly the horrid ones tend to hit the limelight first, just like those at the beginning of your story!
Hope your feeling better now after that horrid experience.
wilmasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-08-2007, 11:11 PM
I think its against the law to take pics of peeps without their permission.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

24-08-2007, 11:30 PM
She was the one in the wrong! Your dogs are all trained, obviously her brats weren't! That was lovely of the young lad and it is rare nowadays to come across an up front youngster like that.

I hope you never meet that awful person again. It must have been a dreadful experience for you.

Take care.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >