View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 03:43 PM

Phoning for schedules/entry forms, what an experience!

Has anyone else ever done this?

Thought I'd give a couple of Secretaries a ring for schedules as with missing Manchester ( ) I haven't had a chance to pick any up.

Anyway, the first one, bless her, sounded about 100 years old! Considering I had to spell out every single line of my address, towards the end of the conversation I was beginning to seriously worry whether she'd make it through the whole phonecall!

And as for the second one, I spent about 30 seconds explaining who I was and what I was after only for the voice on the end of the phone to tell me the lady wasn't here and ring back later!

Ok then! When later is, is anyones guess though!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 04:03 PM
LOL - the ring back later yes - bit of help as to when hey!

What schedules you after - are they not available on line? or email?
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 04:44 PM
AS a show secretary I have people ring for schedules often & I do tend to be a bit paranoid about addresses but I get the blame if it doesn't get there.
Have had other questions too. Even had one lady ring to ask if I knew if her dog was sporting or non sporting & one lady who said her friend had told her to put her dog in maiden but she didn't think she could as he was male, who was right.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
LOL - the ring back later yes - bit of help as to when hey!

What schedules you after - are they not available on line? or email?
The one I'm after is The Lancashire & Cheshire ESS Champ Show, having looked on pro dogs it only gives a phone number. The thing is it's on in April so I really need the schedule ASAP to be able to enter! Arrghhh!

And why is it people get so offended when you accidentally refer to their show as an open instead of a limit. I made this mistake on the previous phone call and was met by deathly silence.
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2008, 04:48 PM
I never phone for show schedules - if I don't pick them up at a show, can't down load them (which is a rare occurance these days) or don't know someone with a copy that i can borrow to put through the photocopier then i will always send a short letter and stamped addressed envelopes.

Most secretaries hold down full time jobs/have families/look after their dogs etc as well as try to run the show and deal wtih all the paperwork and enquiries around it. The more exhbitors can do to assist the better.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by GSD-Sue View Post
AS a show secretary I have people ring for schedules often & I do tend to be a bit paranoid about addresses but I get the blame if it doesn't get there.
Have had other questions too. Even had one lady ring to ask if I knew if her dog was sporting or non sporting & one lady who said her friend had told her to put her dog in maiden but she didn't think she could as he was male, who was right.
The mind boggles

I do it by email if possible
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by KateM View Post
I never phone for show schedules - if I don't pick them up at a show, can't down load them (which is a rare occurance these days) or don't know someone with a copy that i can borrow to put through the photocopier then i will always send a short letter and stamped addressed envelopes.

Most secretaries hold down full time jobs/have families/look after their dogs etc as well as try to run the show and deal wtih all the paperwork and enquiries around it. The more exhbitors can do to assist the better.
I have to say, I won't be doing it again - far too stressful! Email is far better IMO, especially if they can send it as an attachment!

However. I have had a mini brainwave and managed to find the secretaries email address, whether it's still valid or not is another matter. Only time will tell I guess!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by KateM View Post
That's all very well if you already have their address etc. I usually look on Pro Dogs or similar for shows and some are only contactable by telephone for a schedule, the same as some advertised in the dog press, they ask to be telephoned for a schedule and then often act befuddled when you do !
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
The one I'm after is The Lancashire & Cheshire ESS Champ Show, having looked on pro dogs it only gives a phone number. The thing is it's on in April so I really need the schedule ASAP to be able to enter! Arrghhh!

And why is it people get so offended when you accidentally refer to their show as an open instead of a limit. I made this mistake on the previous phone call and was met by deathly silence.
Found two ESS Ch on here! arenaprint! but don't think they are the ones you are after!

http://dogshowprinting.co.uk/compone...limitstart,25/

Sorry! hopefully you have found the email address - fingers crossed!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 05:26 PM
I dont do limit shows unless i'm already a member as I find them a waste of time the classes dont count towards JW etc and by the time you've paid your membership the costs have soared. Starprint do a really good diary with all the shows listed and the numbers and emails of the club secretaries.
I've got Goyt valley gundod and a few others pm me and I'll email you the entry forms and class numbers
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >