Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2007, 08:56 PM

dog attacked in glasgow

Dog dies as tail hacked off

A PET dog has died after it had its tail hacked off in what animal welfare officers described as one of the worst cases of cruelty they had seen.
Prince, a Border collie, managed to limp home after he was attacked in Easterhouse, Glasgow, yesterday morning.

His owner, Rosie Higgins, 36, took him to the nearest vet, but the six-year-old dog died.
"His tail and back end had been sliced clean off," she said. "I didn't know what to do with him. The blood was everywhere. We rushed him to the vets', but they could do nothing for him."
A spokeswoman for the Scottish SPCA said: "It would have been an agonising death for this poor animal. I think every pet owner will shed a tear when they hear about this.
"It is one of the worst cases of deliberate cruelty we have ever dealt with and we are horrified.
"This cut was made with a heavy instrument and extreme force. This was no accident, and we are pleading with anyone who has information to speak to us or the police."
This article: http://news.scotsman.com/glasgow.cfm?id=283192007
Last updated: 22-Feb-07 01:19 GMT
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-02-2007, 09:48 PM
that poor dog......who in their right mind could do such a thing?
the only thing you could do is the vets asap and end the pain.
greysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-02-2007, 10:05 PM
There are some sick people out there. Had the dog escaped? Cos the way I read it, the owner wasn't with the dog when the attack happened.

Rest easy at the bridge, Prince.:smt049
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Oh poor dog, how awful.

Run free at the bridge Prince.
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
Dog dies as tail hacked off

A PET dog has died after it had its tail hacked off in what animal welfare officers described as one of the worst cases of cruelty they had seen.
Prince, a Border collie, managed to limp home after he was attacked in Easterhouse, Glasgow, yesterday morning.

His owner, Rosie Higgins, 36, took him to the nearest vet, but the six-year-old dog died.
"His tail and back end had been sliced clean off," she said. "I didn't know what to do with him. The blood was everywhere. We rushed him to the vets', but they could do nothing for him."
A spokeswoman for the Scottish SPCA said: "It would have been an agonising death for this poor animal. I think every pet owner will shed a tear when they hear about this.
"It is one of the worst cases of deliberate cruelty we have ever dealt with and we are horrified.
"This cut was made with a heavy instrument and extreme force. This was no accident, and we are pleading with anyone who has information to speak to us or the police."
This article: http://news.scotsman.com/glasgow.cfm?id=283192007
Last updated: 22-Feb-07 01:19 GMT
Poor dog
RIP sweetie

Why is there a capital one ad in you thread
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2007, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by greysmum View Post
Had the dog escaped? Cos the way I read it, the owner wasn't with the dog when the attack happened.
greysmum heres my thread on it i posted earlier, it has a link with more info

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=55772
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Sara1210 View Post
Poor dog
RIP sweetie

Why is there a capital one ad in you thread
Hi sara, I just copy/pasted the article straight form the scotsman web site, unfortunatley the add appeared, just took it out, sorry lol