View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear Georgie is ill. I hope all goes well with the vet and will keep my fingers crossed.
xxxxxxxx
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Just caught this Helena. Hope you have some positive news by now. This is just too much after Cassie! xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks All, yet again!!! Well, I think we're gonna be ok thank God!!!

She saw me in another room tonight as she wasn't on duty and she really gave him a thorough checking over with her trainee assistant. Good thing really, coz I think she wanted to show her assistant how to go over a big furry gsd! Anyways, she totally agreed with me that he was in pain SOMEWHERE. She thinks he's got an inner ear infection going on, but that wouldn't give him the diarrhea but it would give him a lot of pain. She checked everything, and I mean everything. Decided to give him a big anti-inflamm jab, a high dose of ab's for gut problems and inner ear infection they would get to both, plus some Rimadyl (I know!! but he's had them before and been ok so no worries!). I asked her what she is waiting to see in the blood test that was sent off this morning coz the inhouse was sort of ok, and she told me she was looking for a raging infection either physical or stress related, and something else which I can't quite remember! She has just rung me back saying there is NO raging infection and the blood looks good, oh yes, it was the liver again and that looks fine, thank God!!!! I'm out of the woods then!

Got home to see Dave sitting in the kitchen waiting for his dinner (awww bless!!!) Mum had her tongue hanging out for a coffee and something to eat, Georgie wanted some dinner so I could put the ab's into it, so all I can say is "next please"!!!!!!!!!!! You gotta laugh haven't you, otherwise I'd go madder than I am!!!!!

Phew, I can breathe a big sigh of relief now, thanks to all of you as per usual! It never rains but it pours in this house!!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Glad to hear it was good news for Georgie
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Phew! As dog lovers we are sure sent things to try us aren't we Helena Glad to hear you are feeling better and everything is well and truly crossed here for Georgie's complete recovery

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Good news for you then poor georgie all dosed up hope he's on the mend! give him plenty of cuddles.
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Glad Georgie is ok.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks guys, yes, he's certainly a lot more comfortable thanks to his Mum and that nice vet lady, his breathing has slowed right down, he's not panting excessively, and he's crashed out on the cool kitchen floor after a lovely chicken and veg dinner - who could wish for more!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 06:54 PM
OMG Aitch, I've just caught up with all of this. So sorry I didn't see it earlier and so pleased that he's ok and has got some relief for everything. Take a deep breath sweetie and put your feet up. xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Bless his little heart, what a worry for you.

Now you need to put your feet up and relax a bit, you've really been through the mill and must feel shattered.

Big hugs to both you and the little (big) lad xxxxxxxx
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »