View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 12:50 PM
I have my dogs registered with the most expensive vet in the area (apparently), but i want to stay with them, what makes them expensive i believe is that there is always someone to hand to deal with your queries, you get seen very quickly etc, whereas my experience with the others when i have needed them i have not been able to get hold of them, or got an answerphone saying they will call back within 3 hours etc.

But what i am thinking of doing is using a cheaper vet for the jabs needed etc, boosters and kennel cough and things that i can book an appointment for without needing emergency treatment and stuff, but do wonder if just saving a few pound on each occasion is worth the hassle of two historys in the event of an insurance claim, especially if they charge to give it!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Having worked in surgeries for25+ years my main concern is the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing i.e. having treatment at one vet, going to another with the same dog with a diff problem and given more treatment perhaps with drugs that shouldnt be used at the same time. Which is one of the reasons that I always got the treatment history from any new clients previous vets
Daisychain
New Member!
Female 

28-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Because the really good vet at the nearest practice is semi retired and only there on Monday mornings.
The older ones are always the best.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 11:06 PM
my lot are registered at three vets. I've fallen out with our main one, but still stay registered as it's only 5 mins up the road. I have another vet that's open Sundays which is very handy for the cats as they like to fight on Saturdays it seems, and I'm also registered at another vets which does hip scoring and Suprerolin.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2