Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2024, 07:00 AM

Wednesday 27th March 2024

Well today is Wednesday and reminds me of The Quiller Memorandum as the theme song was Wednesdays Child sung by Matt Monroe. I loved the song, I suppose because I am a Wednesday child, and the film was good to. Sun is shining and the clocks go forward this weekend so lighter mornings and that means earlier walks and a later one. Might even fit in another during the day if the weather is kind. So, Barry, no slacking, get those footsies walking. I have a flat inspection this morning and hopefully Margaret will come later this afternoon. Wow I won't know what to do with myself having two visitors in one day. Oh and Tesco was very good. Enjoy the day peeps.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2024, 09:22 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Sunny here again today but it seems we had some rain overnight.
We have someone coming later for another conservatory quote.
We are also moving furniture around again.

Thank you everyone for my belated Birthday wishes. I was spoilt by everyone.

brenda wow you will be giddy with excitement today.
griff nice your dad took you to your appointment.
Kazz you will be even busier when the clocks go forward.
Chris still such a long time to wait for the carers. Wonder what they have decided needs ironing out.
No help to you, Dave or Gary all this waiting.
Sue I hope Ana is beginning to feel better and that you have a more restful day today.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-03-2024, 11:44 AM
Just back from the garden centre with a Budlia called Black Knight. Even got a good discount on it with vouchers.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2024, 11:57 AM
Barry had to look that up as I like buddleias for the attraction to butterfly's and that one has a perfume. Lovely choice. Do we call you sir now?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2024, 12:22 PM
Afternoon all
It's chucking down, Amazon have been bright and early so as long as Steve decides to come after work and pick up his sound bar I will be happy, if not....well, not sure where it will go!! Need to get into town and grab a gift bag for him as he forgot....I think he just doesn't have a clue and instead of just admitting it, says he forgot.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2024, 01:35 PM
Good afternoon all

Glorious sunshine here, but a bit breezy. Enjoyed our run on the prom

It's me that needs to iron things out, Lynn. The night time service is of major importance but it needs them getting a second care agency involved which. at the moment, hasn't been fully finalised. Also, cover for doctors, dentist appointments isn't clear and again that is important.

The care agency providing the carers that can sign are far more communicative than the social worker, but I just keep reminding her that I have Power of Attorney for both finances and health so she will have to deal with me at some point. I also need assurances about future needs once we are gone

My daughter is really suffering at the moment. The injection has cause a major fibro flare so she is not a happy bunny
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2024, 01:47 PM
Sorry about your daughter Chris.
It must feel like a recurring nightmare Chris all this sorting out.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2024, 02:10 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Hope Margaret makes to you this afternoon and the flat inspections goes well

Fingers crossed you get everything sorted to your satisfaction Chris then you will have less on your shoulders

It was good of your dad to take you Kelly, a much easier journey for you

Hopefully you will get what you want at a good price Lynn

Ana is improving but has another day off school today. Kazz round here they break up tomorrow so hopefully she will be able to enjoy the holidays. No duties today but had to take his lordship to get "his" plant - pity he did not dig the hole and plant it instead of giving me instructions

Take care everyone
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-03-2024, 05:37 PM
Just had to give Sue instructions before she put the plant somewhere hidden from view
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2024, 06:38 PM
Fingers crossed Ana feels better for the holidays Sue.

Well that company will not be getting our business. He can fix the broken mechanism in the handle of the broken window lock but that's all.

Our money will go to the first company, she knows exactly what to do and they deal with building regs etc.,

This guy was in and out saying we had to have a flat roof, didn't think we could do this or that and we would have to go to an architect in town they use and get the drawings done to present to the council to make sure building regs approve.

The first company will make sure all this is in order. The guy who came today would put a lintel over the drainage which is a worry as everything would have to be dug up if anything went wrong.
We think they do more conservatory work, not extension work which ours will be as the patio doors and one wall coming out and the other one over half being removed.

Couldn't wait to get him out of the door to be honest.
We have asked so many questions of the first company . The poor woman must dread seeing Gorden's email address pop up.
We have a few more questions hoping to go over to see them to ask the remaining questions face to face before signing on the dotted line.