View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 07:40 AM

Any one want to buy a bulk load of mince?

Basically I ordered a load of food from DAF and the dogs won't eat it. They will eat the liver chunks, and the duck wings, but they wont eat any of the mince. I have tried picking up after half an hour and making them go hungry. It's not makin any difference, they don't want it. And with daph hopefully being in pup, I can't risk messing about with the food and letting her miss meals.

So if anyone would like to buy them I have:

19 tripe
19 beef and heart
19 turkey
19 lamb

Don't know what else to do with it...
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-12-2011, 07:46 AM
Can you not keep it and give them something else for a while, then try them with it again?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Can you not keep it and give them something else for a while, then try them with it again?
Problem is its taking up all the freezer space. So I cānt buy them anything else until I have freezer space. They won't eat it at all. And asbo's back bone is starting to show and es only skipped a couple of meals. I can't risk daph not eating either. Don't know what else to feed them either.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 07:57 AM
I would but Im not near you
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2011, 09:05 AM
I would but Ive just filled my freezer with it too. Mine prefer the chunks and the bones but they had run out of them so I have got a freezer full of mince which one of mine isn't over keen on either this time. Wonder if they have started to put something different in them.

What will you feed them. My fussy gsd prefers supermarket chicken and heart best, so is getting a lot of that at the moment. Luckily I have a greedy Labrador who will eat anything.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by kodimeg View Post
I would but Ive just filled my freezer with it too. Mine prefer the chunks and the bones but they had run out of them so I have got a freezer full of mince which one of mine isn't over keen on either this time. Wonder if they have started to put something different in them.

What will you feed them. My fussy gsd prefers supermarket chicken and heart best, so is getting a lot of that at the moment. Luckily I have a greedy Labrador who will eat anything.
I don't know what I will feed them. I can't really afford to feed them on supermarket food constantly. I'm tempted to switch back to dry food, even though I don't want to, I've just had so much hassle with raw suppliers.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Have you tried cooking it? You can just zap it in the microwave. I used to cook mince with a little water and an Oxo to tempt fussy eaters.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Have you tried cooking it? You can just zap it in the microwave. I used to cook mince with a little water and an Oxo to tempt fussy eaters.
I think some of them have bone in though. And I don't k ow if I would want to cook it after reading the give your dog s bone book, which says by cooking it alot of the nutrients get destroyed.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Why not donate to your local rescue.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 10:29 AM
My boy wouldnt eat his landywoods meat so i ended up cooking it it was the consistancy that put him off

the chicken cooked made him constipated though as it turned out to have a fair bit of bone in it (if i give him cooked blocks or cooked freeflow chicken mince from AMP he is fine - again it has to be cooked as he doesnt like sloppy food chicken necks or chunks he wolfs down)

Id try cooking it (check the turkey for bone content/keep an eye on their poop) and if they eat it use it up then try something else.

If Daph is in pup perhaps someone with more experience can suggest if she has any additional requirements?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >