Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 06:00 PM

Whoops... got a call today...

Got a call from one of the GPs at my local practice.
This doc is scary. I always make sure I don't get an appointment with her because whilst she cares, and is a very good doctor, she scares the pants off me.

There's always something to tell me off for and I get it in the neck every time she speaks to me...

Well she called today with the results from the blood tests I had done yesterday

Firstly, my platelets are low she's spoken to my haematologist who reckons it could be due to my portal hypertension so not to worry too much and they're not drastically low, just lower than previous counts, so I have to have that repeated with my next INR test.

My haemoglobin is also low... it always is, but she says it's gone down. Then came the dreaded question 'are you still taking your iron' oops. She said I don't have to take it but it would make me feel better if I'm feeling rough so try to at least take it a few times a week.
She then asked if I'd had any bleeding so I had to tell her I'd stopped taking my hormone tablets that stop my menstrual cycle... I said I hadn't had a proper period since I'd been off them but had the occasional bit of bleeding. So I've been told off again, and told if I'm not going to stop the bleeding, I have to take the iron... and have a blood test when I do bleed.

Then came the shocker! SHE was the one who saw me 8 years ago when my hands first started playing up!
She'd seen it in my notes and remembered!

Apparently, I saw a rheumatologist and was told if it ever occurred again, I had to go back to him... whoops.
I've had it at least twice a year every year since I was 12...

I don't remember seeing a rheumatologist!

So I've been well and truly kicked into shape today... I get the feeling I'm in trouble...
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 07:39 PM
sometimes their manner is very off putting but they are really good at their job. just not the bedside manners.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Oh yes she's VERY good at her job. Very efficient, I mean, she remembered I'd seen her about something 8 years ago!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2008, 08:30 PM
It's difficult to remember every little thing that goes on at the docs - hugs hon - I'm sure you're doing your best xxx