Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2016, 07:15 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, February 2

Good Morning everyone,

Going to be another blowy cold day by the sound of it.
Griff, you have down extremely well with training your two dogs. Amber's pretty good but suffers with bouts of deafness when she has a particularly good scent she wants to sniff out.

I am cold tired again this morning. Been awake since around 3am again. I go to bed too early to get warm and then sleep and when I have had enough sleep lay awake listening to LBC on the radio.

Glad you have sorted out a good new worker LG hope he proves to be just what you need.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. And keep out of the wind if you can. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-02-2016, 07:30 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Your right Moyrait seems its going to be blowy again today we will get some showers too they say.

Well done to Kota griff and you of course. Brothers hey I have two Michael who lives round the corner well a few villages away Gill and I get on with him really well especially since we have now lost mum too. The younger brother can be difficult and it seems his choice not to keep in touch as much. Gorden's brother well the less said the better especially after his rude and awful behaviour at their uncle's funeral.
LG glad the new member of staff is turning out well and long may it continue.
Gorden went to Kazakhstan about 4 years ago which once use to be part of Russia but became independent. A lot of russians work and visit there he found them very intimidating and rude. He would sit in the cafe area of where he was staying and we would skype in the evenings and if they were there he would cut the conversation short and retire to his room as they sit and stare constantly which made him feel very uncomfortable. I believe the country has some spectacular sights one of mums friends visited years ago.
He couldn't praise the Kazakhstan people enough.
Harvey Dillon only goes out late into the garden of he asks I do give him the chance to pop out but he is normally settled and refuses to move. Too dark on the narrow pavements to walk him round here at night.
Ollie rarely wanted to go out once it was dark either must be a Bernese thing.

Hope everyone and all doglets are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2016, 09:13 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Yep windy out there. Started to rain as Teazle and I turned the corner for home so got in dry. Not too cold though.

As the saying goes you can choose your friends but not your relatives. My sister and I get on better now than we did when young. I have even trained her to let me know when she goes on holiday as once I needed her urgently and rang her for three days before I got a reply!

I always put Teazle out before I go to bed, even is she is settled, as having left her twice only to be woken and some unearthly hour she now has no choice

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-02-2016, 10:02 AM
Morning Sue we got blown home the wind really picked up on the way back, quite mild, and the sun is shining.
Glad you didn't wet Sue and that you have your sister trained now. Helps when we know where they are if anything important comes up.
Off to do breakfast and watch last nights silent witness then may take out the silly cubby holes under the stairs. I can get stuff to the back of the alcove if they come out.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-02-2016, 10:05 AM
Wind seems not quite as strong this morning, forecast to leave us about noon, hoping its before then as have got the bone run to do, will have to come off at the bridge and drive by the Trafford Centre as not risking it. We have got light rain forecast as well, dry at the moment and easy peasy cleaning up this morning.
If I've got one of the girls in the house I take them for a walk round after the late news and they are usually OK till morning then. Except Mabs, as she won't do it outside or in the garden, so walk her to no avail, leave puppy pads on paper down for her, go for a soak, and I have prezzies to greet me when I get out
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2016, 10:47 AM
Morning all
Yes you are right, families can be tricky...have no idea why but we have never got on very well..me and my brother that is. Funny thing is if he needed anything at all and i could help i would do it straight off...no questions asked, with him everything has a price and i dread if i ever needed an organ or bone marrow...would never get it, mind you i wouldn't take it, could you imagine if i had one of his kidneys?? i would be getting told what i could and couldn't do Lol
Mum and dad have gone to Pegs funeral this morning, hopefully that will be the last of the funerals for a while...4 is more than enough thanks. Got to go to the hospital this afternoon, will need to find my get up and go from somewhere
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Hope today goes as well as can be in the circumstances, Griff. LOL about your brother donating a kidney then telling you what you can and can't do
Had the bone people on, no bones today, but I can come Thursday, got people here on Thursday, so thats out, arranged to go over Friday morning after girls have had breakfast and I've got a spare couple of hours before their walks. So will now get them out for walks I think. Seems strange having a Tuesday to myself
Have a look in the wardrobe for your get up and go Griff, may be hiding in the shoe's or handbags
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Just breathing tests today TW, don't like having the peg on my nose and blowing into the machine makes me feel like i want to be sick...only takes about 30 minutes so it isn't too bad. Lol i think my get up and go has been stolen!!!
Oooooo wonder what you will do with yourself TW??? bet you will be all confused about the days now for the rest of the week Lol...that would be me, i would be thinking i hadn't done tuesday
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-02-2016, 11:17 AM
Peg on your nose doesn't sound nice at all Griff, like you say, its 30 minutes and you can clear of then
I will be totally confused for the rest of the week, I know
Right, best get myself gone I think, used to having alazymorning on a Tuesday.
Just think of all the stuff you can squirrel away once you've got rid of the cubby holes, Lynn
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2016, 11:47 AM
Mum has called, there was no catholic priest as far as she could tell, they kept going on about how important peggy's faith was to her..... so why didn't they get the priest for last rites then? her sister Kathleen is devastated...all of them are very strong believers and always have the last rites, they didn't have the manners to tell Kathleen or her family when the funeral was so the family wouldn't come from ireland....we ordered them flowers to go with peggy though so that will stick in the families throat Lol.
If you have found some motiation to move TW, please do share it about
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »