Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
Just the bouncing around staying out of reach when it's time to go home! It was freezing and I really wasn't in the mood! I had some lovely pork crackling with me so I walked away until she came over to me, got her to do a sit (she stayed carefully out of reach) got her to do a down and she forgot she was playing silly bug*ers while she ate her tasty treat and I clipped the lead on! It took every peice of will power I possesed to praise her for the down and not curse her for the messing about!!!
that sounds like a nightmare! i hate when they do that, especially now its so blooming cold! lucky you had that pork crackling on you lol. thats the bad thing with jake, even food wont get him back!

Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
I'm training Pepper to a whistle and usually I get a fantastic 100 mph recall with it, but it doesn't work in the face of a big distraction so I'm just working on building it up, taking baby steps and trying not to push too fast, which I have a habit of doing.

In the mean time we're back to the long line, just want you want dragging through the snow, sluch and mud, yuck! I think I'm going to start wearing my marigolds to the park...

J.
i have a habit of going to fast with jake too, everytime he gets a wee bit better i let him off... will not be doing that this time though. the only time he will be getting off is in places i feel are completely safe if he wont get his lead back on.

i was meant to go to glasgow today to get the long line, but my bf wouldnt get out of bed! so im getting so impatient that im going to order one, either tonight or tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Ha! Guess what Dan did on our morning walk? Nothing quite like teenage doggies is there? Harness and long line tomorrow. And I'll have HUGE biceps by summer
aw, norty dan! seems all our wee kevins are doing this just now lol. we all must be getting so strong and fit my legs must even get it the way jake can pull!
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8