Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 12:10 AM

The food chain

About to go to bed, and thought better put the dogs out, and looked around on the floor. Mack is laid by my feet,and Meg across the doorway as normal.

Now, this is the funny thing,in one corner of my office is a tall chest of drawers. On this chest is a hamster cage. Inside lives a very noisy Mr Fudge, going mad on his wheel . On my desk is Crazy Daisy, our little tabby cat, she is watching Mr Fudge. She is thinking of a way to get him, you can tell Then from the floor is Mack, who is watching the cat, who is watching the hamster.

Animals are great even though given the chance the cat would eat the hamster, and Mack would chase the cat(he is so much better with her now), they all live fairly peacefully together.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 12:12 AM

That's made me laugh
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 12:17 AM
so like this place
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 10:04 AM
It's amazing really, that animals that naturally are prey/predator, can live fairly reasonably together without too much drama. I will be honest I am always careful the cat doesn't get the hamster, and the pup doesn't chase the cat, but they do muddle along without really bothering each other. The cat has never once tried to get the hamster or climb on the cage etc.

Wish people could be like animals
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Who needs the tv eh ?