View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2015, 03:00 PM
ETA to add That I'm not asking you to change or take back your words. That would be like flogging a dead horse but perhaps from now it would be better if I pointed out to the OP any misgivings I have instead of saying something to you directly , I just thought it was more netiquette to discuss it with you first
I don't wish to argue with you, and as someone who is older than me, I admit there is likely a lot you know that I don't. I was annoyed by a few things in the post, rather than the post as a whole. I've already pointed those things out. I'm not going to stand here and tell you or the OP that you're wrong, but I've done things in ways that were not recommended or were different, and they worked.

This is not saying they will work, but only that maybe they are worth a try and some dogs (or breeds) might catch it and not have the issues you claim they will. The MAYBE factor is always there for me, especially when things are not going well. IMO, it's the same as looking for a lost item in places you never had it. Who knows? Maybe someone else put it there or something. Just try everything, even if it's not conventional.

I really, really think that sometimes, people should try things. It's not as if I told her to yank the dog from the lying position by the collar and say NO LYING DOWN!! You're likely correct, but there's always a chance. I merely have opened my mind to that chance. If I saw that the method didn't work and whatnot, I would never tell anybody to do it.

I don't think there's a lot of (or really any) harm in trying, that is where we are different.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2015, 03:05 PM
Ok Im sorry if I said things that annoyed you . It wasnt intentional.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2015, 03:20 PM
I know it wasn't. If I thought it was, I'd have never tried to work things out with you. You've been nothing but kind and helpful to me and most others and it's clear what is important to you - the dogs. That's how it's supposed to be. Your advice is better than mine in general due to more experience, but I still think that sometimes, even unconventional things are worth a try.

I say this because I've often tried them myself and been happy with the results. Perhaps if I had seen drawbacks first hand, I'd point the potential of those out along with the suggestion, but I haven't. But see, that is where you come in! I'm happy you're here and I didn't mean to start an argument or dismiss you, I'd never dismiss your advice. Sorry for being a queen.

Forgiveness?
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Of course. Can I call you Myra now or is that a step too far!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2015, 04:01 PM
Haha, yes... feel free to call me by my bland name if you like. All is well now
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2015, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Haha, yes... feel free to call me by my bland name if you like. All is well now
Pleased to hear that.