Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Its ok, I did say earlier Wysiwig, he explained his reasons to the vet and he PTS for him.

Dawn and also Megan, I forgot, I did read it, thanks for reply ...
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by AllBreeds View Post
Borderdawn can you give us the details of the vet who did this? I feel strongly he should be reported to the RVC
I dont think that a fair question to ask Dawn, this is not her problem, she was purely giving us an example of culling being put in practise.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

when he should have been beaten with a large stick
Thats exactly my point, you would do that to a HUMAN being, yet you expect people to think you show comapssion to animals! give me a break.

Vets can PTS animals if they see its in their best interest, i dont know which Vet he uses, one in lancs somewhere, thats where he lives.
Dawn.

The "pups" are now 16mths old,.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Thanks Natalie, its have a crack at Dawn time again, but hey, Id rather the likes of Patch take it out on me, at least I am here to defend myself. As you said, I merely told of somebody I knew and what they had done, nothing to do with me at all, but I do expect this type of reply from some, and you wont find me using any form of abuse, name calling or threats of violence.
Dawn.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks Natalie, its have a crack at Dawn time again, but hey, Id rather the likes of Patch take it out on me, at least I am here to defend myself. As you said, I merely told of somebody I knew and what they had done, nothing to do with me at all, but I do expect this type of reply from some, and you wont find me using any form of abuse, name calling or threats of violence.
Dawn.
And that's why you get a lot of respect from many of us on here Dawn, and also why a lot of people ask your opinion on various things-straight the point and fair
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Thats exactly my point, you would do that to a HUMAN being, yet you expect people to think you show comapssion to animals! give me a break.

I could do that to a lowlife `human being` for such cruelty *because* I have compassion for animals.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

22-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Dawn.
I cant see where Patch has taken it out on you merely pointed out what any reputable breeder would of done and that she believes its wrong to breed a litter knowing full well you would have to kill the vast majority of the pups.

The fact that you admire this practise is your perogative but just because someone disagrees with you does not mean its all about you.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Thanks Natalie, its have a crack at Dawn time again, but hey, Id rather the likes of Patch take it out on me, at least I am here to defend myself.
The `likes of Patch` are those who can not distance ourselves so coldly and have empathy for the animals others play god over and callously destroy for being `surplus to reuirements` when they should not have been bred in the first place.

As you said, I merely told of somebody I knew and what they had done, nothing to do with me at all, but I do expect this type of reply from some, and you wont find me using any form of abuse, name calling or threats of violence.
Dawn.
You condone what was done. I did not name call you, did not abuse you, and have made no threats of violence at you, please don`t play prima donna on this. You support the actions of an irresponsible breeder, a breeder who in my opinion deserves all the name calling under the sun.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2006, 06:10 PM
and they are NOT here to defend themselves, for gods sake Can you find one instance when I said I condone or agree with what he did? I said I didnt and couldnt do it myself. I did say that culling may help rescue numbers and give older dogs a better chance of finding a home, as I believe the older dogs deserve a chance as much as puppies. I stand by this.
Dawn.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

22-11-2006, 06:22 PM
The puppies were bred intentionally and they were Greyhound/Deerhound crosses, a large litter was expected, and she had 12. He had them PTS by the Vet who actually agreed with him. I still respect his views, he didnt want to raise all the puppies and have to find the "right" homes for them, especially given the current state of Greyhound and lurcher rescue. His dogs are for his work as much as his pets. i have no problem with what he did, but I couldnt of done it myself.

Dawn.
By saying you respect his views and have no problem with what he did surely implies you condone it.

As the person is not here to defend himself maybe you should of thought of that before you posted, you must of realised that some here would have some thing to say about this practise.

Rescues do not deliberately breed dogs knowing fully well they will have to kill the majority
Page 7 of 16 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »