View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2005, 08:29 AM
She was lucky enough to share & learn that there are good kind people out there. Well done for trying. Its not easy taking on a rescue.
She'll find a nice home.
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2005, 09:47 AM
it is sad Lianne...but don't blame yourself at all. You gave it a go and thats the main thing...you only wanted to help her and when you realised you couldn't you did the sensible thing. I hope this doesn't put you off doing the same thing another time though
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2005, 09:52 AM
Sorry to hear this, but you did what you could and unfortunately it didn't work out. I hope she's happy where she is now. xx
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2005, 10:00 AM
You did your best and that's what matters most.
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Dont blame yourself or feel guilty please , i think seeing a dog in distress most dog lovers first thought is to get them out of there, and you done that ,even if you were unable at the end of the day to give her what she needed , shes away from the person who hurt her and with somebody she at least feels at ease with, so give yourself a pat on the back .well done you
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm sure you did everything you could. At least now she's away from that abusive home, you've given her a better life now anyway you look at it!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Het
it is sad Lianne...but don't blame yourself at all. You gave it a go and thats the main thing...you only wanted to help her and when you realised you couldn't you did the sensible thing. I hope this doesn't put you off doing the same thing another time though
No, it wont put me off at all!
I will just not jump in as fast next time! Alot of things came out in conversations about her past treatment and behaviour. If I had known all that, I would have known she would not fit in with other dogs in the same household.

Thankyou!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Lianne, please do not feel bad. You tried, which is more than most, and you managed to get this poor unhappy dog away from a really nasty situation. When the dog was unahppy again, you did the right thing and rehomed her. This was a completely selfless act. You deserve a HUGE pat on the back. Have a great Christmas and don't beat yourself up about this - you are a complete star xxx
squibber
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-12-2005, 08:47 PM
It takes real courage to do what you did, Lianne. And even more courage to come onto the forum and tell people. Respect!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Thankyou all!
You are making me feel alot less guilty!
Yes I did try very hard, but it just didnt work! She was not happy and could not cope with other dogs or the change! She is, apparently, much more her normal self and settled despite another change in home!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2