Male 

21-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Very nice, job well done.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I think it looks fab Jackie! I'm sure that's the same colour I've done the stairs in??? What d'ya think, is it something taupe???? I did it because I wanted to break the stairs up and didn't want stained wood, and the colour goes with the lighter taupe walls. I'm sure it's the same colour Jackie!!! You've got taste mate!!!
LOL, looks pretty close mate! Great minds think alike! I think this one is called something Truffle! Meant to be for feature walls. OH still isn't convinced it isn't too dark though LOL
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Very nice, job well done.
Thank you
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
LOL, looks pretty close mate! Great minds think alike! I think this one is called something Truffle! Meant to be for feature walls. OH still isn't convinced it isn't too dark though LOL
Is it emulsion then Jackie?? Mine's a gloss (trade Dulux gloss) and it's not quite as loud and purple as it looks in the picture, it's more like yours, my lighting must be good in the hallway to make it look so bright! If you want my real honest opinion, what about getting some new satin/chrome handles for the doors from B & Q??? I think that would set it off a treat?? Hope you don't mind me saying, it's only an idea! I'm thinking of changing my knobs to handles in the kitchen to give it a facelift that's why I mentioned it.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Is it emulsion then Jackie?? Mine's a gloss (trade Dulux gloss) and it's not quite as loud and purple as it looks in the picture, it's more like yours, my lighting must be good in the hallway to make it look so bright! If you want my real honest opinion, what about getting some new satin/chrome handles for the doors from B & Q??? I think that would set it off a treat?? Hope you don't mind me saying, it's only an idea! I'm thinking of changing my knobs to handles in the kitchen to give it a facelift that's why I mentioned it.
Yes, it's emulsion cause I couldn't find what I wanted in anything else. LOL, I've already been looking for new handles and think I've found the chrome ones I want just haven't gotten round to picking them up yet. Talk about great minds thinking alike eh? LOL
OH just put those back on so we have something to use until I pick the new ones.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Personally, I like the darker colour, as all the brightness makes it stand out. Providing you have enough light, then I think it's fine!

Well done for managing the whole house. It's something we've never managed to accomplish!
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2007, 09:50 PM
I like it, it looks very smart! Can your OH come and do they lovely tiled tops for us
Congratulations on getting everything done, sometimes I feel as if we have just finished one room and need to start on another!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2007, 05:25 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Personally, I like the darker colour, as all the brightness makes it stand out. Providing you have enough light, then I think it's fine!

Well done for managing the whole house. It's something we've never managed to accomplish!
Thanks Vicki, we've booked a week in the Lakes to get over it.

Originally Posted by pam2 View Post
I like it, it looks very smart! Can your OH come and do they lovely tiled tops for us
Congratulations on getting everything done, sometimes I feel as if we have just finished one room and need to start on another!
Thanks Pam, I'll let OH know. He did a great job on them
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2