Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2007, 11:56 AM

Arghhhhhhhhhhh Pig Of A Neighbour

Well am ready to go round and poke him on the nose,so we put up a six foot fence between our gardens,bought and paid for by us,and put up by us,so it runs to bottom of garden for about eighty foot,so quite a big fence,well him next door found hisself a couple of paints of bright orange woodstain,almost blooming dayglo,and decided to paint his side of the fence with it,well he's managed to let it all drip and run down into our side of garden,big puddles of it,as well as long bright orange stripes all down our recently creosoted side,stands out like a sore thumb,so have been out this morning,trying to cover it,and creosote is just sinking straight into it,and orange paint stays glowing,any ideas,he next door is as ignorant as sin,and just laughed feebly when I asked him as he was painting it to be a bit more careful,as it was ruining our fence,so now what do I do,he used a product called Focus Timbercare,we have our house on the market,and it is really standing out,am really furious about this,as we spent quite a lot of money getting the fence erected,in the first place,without having to pay for his rotten colour ideas,any one have any ideas on how to cover it,
Wendy
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Sorry to hear this Wendy. I've no suggestions I'm afraid, if you are unable to hide it then my only suggestion would be to paint it the same colour as his side but if the colour is that hideous then that's not an option for you I guess. Also it wouldn't be as bad if it was just a couple of panels but I'm quite sure you don't want to repaint 80 feet of fence.

Any chance that a few hanging baskets might detract from the dayglow seepage?

Hopefully someone will be able to suggest something.

Good luck with selling!
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2007, 02:28 PM
oh dear,it looks even worst now dry,arghhhhhhhhhhh
and the drips run from top to bottom,and all the way across,so no baskets will cover,nice thought though,and eeyuw the colour is hideous,and am hating the drips l;et alone a whole fence in the colour,ahahahahha
oh dear am really looking forward to hubby coming home and spotting it,I can see old huffy knickers stomping round to neighbours house,ooer,
Wendy
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-07-2007, 02:43 PM
I have a solution, of sorts!

Change the literature on your house to include:

"Ideal for patient and colour-blind gardener." Best I can do I'm afraid.
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Can you sand it off??
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2007, 02:54 PM
hahahahha gsd lover,
I wonder how many people would turn up for viewings,
tried sanding it off,its sort of seeped into the wood,managed to sand my own stain off though,and part of my finger,hahahaha,
Wendy
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by wendy taylor View Post
,any one have any ideas on how to cover it,
Wendy
Blood?

Snorri
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Does he actually have the right to disfigure your property?
When I lived in the UK, the houses I lived in were specific on boundaries and responsibilities. In each case, on "my" fence only I could maintain BOTH SIDES of the fence and the neighbour had to make "reasonable" provisions for access to "his" side for me to repair or maintain the fence.
If that is the case for yours, then he could possibly be done for vandalism! However, sometimes the fence is "owned" by both being responsible for their side in which case tough luck!
A look at your documentation and an enquiry to CAB may be interesting!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 05:27 PM
My only suggestion would be to buy a paint (not woodstain) that more closely matches your wood stain colour - then paint over the orange bits. It won't match perfectly, but will hopefully won't stand out as much as the orange.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 06:27 PM
Maybe buy what he has in another colour and go over the leaks matching up to your colour if poss?

They appear to do it in a variety of colours....

http://www.focusdiy.co.uk/bin/venda?...rch=timbercare
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >