Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dooley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2011, 06:31 PM

Help! got to collect urine sample

my bitch has got to have her urine tested, i been trying all kinds of things to get a sample from her [not been successful so far!] tried using a tray she just stops midstream when she clocks me with the tray and runs, even been out with gloves and a clean sponge, no such luck. any other idea`s?? as i am fast running out of any other ways to get this sample for the vet.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Oh dear.......it's not funny is it, especially if someone is watching you!

I used to use a small saucer, but you have to be as fast as lightning.....it's no easier with a dog dog either.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 09:44 PM
If someone come at me with a tray I think I would stop and run too .
Try first thing in the morning popping her on the lead and going out with a small discreet shallow pot in the other hand. As soon as she squats quietly but quickly pop the pot under her.
Because you are already very close to her she will hopefully not move off and because the pot is small its not obvious. You don't need much and this way you should at least get a small amount.
Doing it this way has never failed for me with both dogs and bitches.
Dooley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-05-2011, 10:03 AM
i done the lead thing this morning, she just sat down this is proving to be really difficult i`ve never had to do something like this before i assumed it would be easy i`ve tried almost everything i can going out with gloves and a sterile sponge hoping to catch her that way, trays, and this morning tried putting her on her lead armed with a small clean pyrex dish not such luck she was onto me straight away and just sat down, what i might have to do is leave her till her lunchtime walk as she seems to be sitting on this one armed with my pot in her poop bag hoping to catch something then, it`s not overly important this sample it`s just something that`s going to be extremely useful to my vet but i do need it this week as he`s been waiting for it three weeks
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 10:19 AM
shes gonna have to go at some point!! so i would only take her out on a lead until she produces one(not let her have free run garden or park)
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 05:41 PM
I have always just done it either on the lead or even walking free... the thing to remember is not to make a sudden movement... they normally wee for quite a while.. good luck x