Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 09:18 PM

week 5 of agility (smudge jrt)

sorry lots of pics

well went to agility on tue and ad a really good night there was a new item this week it looks like the A frame ith the top cut off well he did every thing even that the train was really happy with her, well we took the ne camra with us and OH took some pics so here you go tell we what you think.
Plus our 5yr old little oy said he had to do it a well so let him take over the small jumps he was over the moon bless him.

we did it first time off lead the hole course but not the A frame was so impressed with smudge bless her.

bob is 5yrs old (thnk he will be lerning as well ...lol)

Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Blimey, they are high jumps for the size of dog! I`ve not come across the A frame with the box before either. Great pics though! love to see your little one having fun too. So good when they can enjoy it too.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 09:32 PM
the trainer was really good he said he could have a go when we had our tea brake so no other dogs where on the course just in case they ran in to him. i think when he gets older he will be doing the comps for me...lol

smudge can clear just under 5ft gate from a standing postion thats why we got into this....lol
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Brilliant photos
I'd get vertigo on that A frame
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Oh its great fun! not seen an A frame like that I thought it looked like a Portaloo in the middle!!!! Lovely to see smudge enjoying it!
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 08:13 AM
Where is it you go training? I've never seen an A-frame like that, it looks really steep and I've not seen jumps like that at agility either. Do they knock down if the dog doesn't judge it right? One of the jumps looks really high too even for a bigger dog.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:20 PM
HI TBBS i go to place called meadow dogs its at littlebour near canterburry. i think some of the pics make the jumps look really big but they arn't. they do go fall over if took wrong, the A rame was a bit high but i think it was putup so the dogs could stop at the top i as holding smudge on the downs so she did not slip or any think. she eally loves doig her agility and its great to watch her.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Great pics, I've never seen an A frame like that either, very steep, and different jumps as well, I did have to look to see if you came from some way out place in the middle on know where to explain the difference, but no, not far from me
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Just had a quick look at your clubs website, and it says that your agility is based on the working trials agility and not the kc agility (if that makes sense) that explains everything
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:40 PM
HI CLMG

i must say most of the dogs that go are working breeds i stick to mostof the small jumps ect as she is learning and we obediance as well on that night, as when i got her she did not do much she came from a lady whowas disabled but did basic training sits, downs ect but she kept jumping fence so we said we would take her back as it was my sister-in-law an she loved her to bits, we go over alot so take her with us.

if anyone can find me the measurements and pics of what size ect a small jrt should be doing then my HO said he would make me some as she really loves it, and i do love doing it out side on the grass.

what sthe diffrence then between working and non working agility never new there was 2 types sorry blonde moment i think...lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >