Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2007, 05:34 PM

Animals trying to get under the covers?

I know this sounds really odd. But basically my cat has always tried to sleep under the duvet. Always thought it was cute, but now Roxys trying to do it too

She will flick the duvet edge up with her nose and crawl underneath and curl up

Last night I was laying there with 2 pets nudging the end of the duvet next to me so they could climb in aswell

Does anyone know why animals do this??
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Storm used to do this all the time, and was know to be in my bed when i went up to bed. I dont know why, but he did it more so in the winter and on wet mornings. The weird thing is i miss it now hes gone and the 3 now dont do it
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Oscar does this too off and on during the night. I think if he feels cold he crawls under the downie and then when he feels hotter he goes back to the bottom of the bed.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2007, 07:00 PM
My Silk does this every night, since the very first night when I adopted her when I invited her to snuggle under
The others find it a bit too hot so they sleep on top of the duvet.
When I`m in bed watching telly before going to sleep myself, [ thats every night then lol ], Silk burrows under the duvet behind me then when I turn over she does a sleepy leg stretch, usually putting a paw on my neck and her head normally ends up on my cheek. She always stays on the same side of me which is handy as it leaves the other side for any of my moggies who want a snuggle so they dont get squished or shoved out :smt001

Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2007, 07:21 PM
My cat did this all her life. Missy does it too. I once even climbed into a sleeping bag to see what she would do , she squeezed in , crawled to the bottom and curled up at my feet . Maybe they just do it because we do. Copying their pack leader ? Who needs a hot water bottle ? .
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Willow has a snuggle bed, a doggy version of a fleecy sleeping bag, which she sleeps in. Archie has learnt the habit of snuggling under their quilts from her. They love the heat! :smt001
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Good to know my pets arn't the only mad ones. So do they just do it for the heat then you think?

Roxy was still slightly 'on' last night and got really upset with me because I wouldn't let her under the covers, walked off in a huff and slept on her own bed
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 12:31 PM
One of my cats has done it since he was a kitten. Even if I pretend to be asleep. He'll lightly pad my face until I lift the cover, then he curls up next to me putting his head on either my hand or on the pillow, and stays there all night.
The dogs don't get under but one sleeps alongside me with her head on the pillow whilst the other sleeps across the bottom. The other cat will curl up down my side. They all have their particular places in or on the bed
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Toby likes to get under the covers too when I let him. He lies there all night given the chance, i wonder sometimes how they breath easily tucked up under the covers