Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve + Nanook
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-06-2010, 06:22 PM

Mal puppy is sick

I've been at work today and Nanook (the pup) has been at my uncle and aunt's for 6 hours. When I went to collect him, he went for a number 2 and there appeared to be lots of white/yellow dots in his poop. I'm guessing they are eggs.

Now I have him home, he's wretched what I can only describe as a thick yellow frothy liquid. He's just done it again whilst typing this by my feet. Some bits of grass seem to be in it, so I presume he is voluntarily puking.

As for food, all I know is that he has had his normal kibble which he has been on since birth. But he has been tired all day apparently and did a lot of sleeping at my uncle and aunt's house.

Does this require a vet trip?
Steve + Nanook
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Okay, just did a search on the yellow sick. It appears to be bile. Only done when the dog has too much excess stomach acid when the stomach is empty. Which makes sense as he was fed pretty early due to me leaving for work at 8 and only feeding him now (which is a bit later than normal and add to that the concearn of this sick, I didn't feed him). He's just wolfed his food down and had a sip of water. I'll keep an eye on him overnight.

As for the yellow/whiteish spots (eggs?) in his number two's, is this needing another worming jab to clear it up?
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2010, 07:17 PM
I was going to ask what time he was last fed. My dog does the same if he's got an empty tummy.

Bless him, hope he's feeling better soon.

When was he last wormed? x
Steve + Nanook
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
I was going to ask what time he was last fed. My dog does the same if he's got an empty tummy.

Bless him, hope he's feeling better soon.

When was he last wormed? x
coming up 4 weeks now. Had it with his first jab when he was 8 weeks old.
Steve + Nanook
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-06-2010, 07:31 PM

Just realised, haven't shown a photo of him on here yet. Here he is helping my cousin building a flower box. Bless.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Are you sure they're eggs in the poo, Steve?

Are you also sure that your relatives have definitely NOT fed him anything they shouldn't have?

The reason I ask is that munchy sticks (the multi coloured rolls of flat stick treats) come out the other end as "bits" that could be mistaken as eggs.
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2010, 07:44 PM
According to our protocol here, and because basically all pups get worms from their mother's milk, pups should be wormed at ages 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, and 16 weeks... after that they should be wormed every 3 months to avoid an infestation....
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 11:57 AM
What a beauty,hope hes feeling better today i thought about the things in pooh being food ours eat bird seed that can look like little eggs when it comes out!Worming won't do any harm if not sure though.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Steve + Nanook View Post
Which makes sense as he was fed pretty early due to me leaving for work at 8 and only feeding him now (which is a bit later than normal and add to that the concearn of this sick, I didn't feed him).
He is only just 12 weeks old isn't he??

In which case it only sounds like you are feeding him 2 meals a day - one before you go to work early morning and one mid evening. We feed ours 4 meals a day up until they are 12 weeks old, then it drops down to 3 meals a day until they are 6 months. At 6 months we then go down to 2 meals a day which they remain on. No wonder the poor little mite is hungry!

He also would need worming again if it has been a month since he was last done given his age.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2010, 06:24 AM
How is Nanook now, Steve?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >