Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarahjane
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2011, 06:28 PM

Home needed for Raw Diet Lurcher - Dietary problems

I know this is the section for discussing raw diets rather than advertising a dog for rehoming but thought it may get more lookers here by the specific type of person I need for my dog. It is important that his diet consists only of meat! Here goes:

I am looking for a special person to take on our 2 1/2 year old male lurcher "Boots" and be happy to continue a "LIFELONG" Raw Diet.

We have just been granted our visas to live in Australia and when we sell the house we will be ready to move. Unfortunatly due to the cost of relocation it is with a heavy heart we need to rehome our dogs. We have found homes with my partners family for our other 2 but are finding it difficult getting someone who is happy to take Boots because of his dietary issues.

We have had him from a pup and he always had pooping issues, and failed to thrive was always underweight and nearly died from malnutrition. To cut a long story short we have found he is intolerant to any kind of grain/carbohydrate source found in normal kibbles and requires a meat only diet. He is now in superb shape!

If there is any kindly soul out there already familiar with feeding a raw diet happy to take on another dog please come forward!!

Other information about Boots that may be important:

He is not neutered

He is missing a toe on his front foot caused by an awful incident with glass. After a long rehabilitation he now has no problems with it except when walking on gravelly ground as it is a little sensitive where his toe is missing. he still runs like a Banshee.

He is definitely NOT CAT OR SMALL FURRY FRIENDLY!!! He has been a working dog.

He lives with 2 other dogs, a spayed female and and another un-neutered male, although I don't think he would take kindly to another adult male, the ideal home I think would be either as a lone dog with plenty of human affection or with a strong female or 2.

We have two young children age 3 and 4 and Boots has been brought up with both my children since a pup so I am happy that he could be rehomed with young children.

He loves playing tug and loves playing fetch. He is extremely loving and loves nothing more than a cuddle on the sofa

He is very obedient. Has excellent recall, is a housedog so is completely housetrained.

He is a mix of whippet, beddy, grehound and english bull. He is 22" to the shoulder.

Here are some pics of him, he really is a lovely boy I feel so sad having to rehome him as we have been through so much with him!!

spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Sorry to hear you are having to rehome! If I had more space I would snap him up! I hope he finds a lovely new home soon.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Good Luck Boots.--You look a lot like a pharoh hound.
sarahjane
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Yep he is often mistaken for a pharoah hound!!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Or a Podenco !
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Oh, he is gorgeous! I wish i could take him but my mum would say no (even though i am hoping to move out really soon!) and i have a male here.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 08:47 PM
He is lovely, question, how is he on a grain free diet like Orijen or Acana or even JWB?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
He is lovely, question, how is he on a grain free diet like Orijen or Acana or even JWB?
I think the OP said that carbs are a problem, not just grain. My boy Hal was just the same, and both Ben and Hal we have discovered cannot tolerate carbs - potato as an example gives them dreadful diarrhoea.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by sarahjane View Post
I know this is the section for discussing raw diets rather than advertising a dog for rehoming but thought it may get more lookers here by the specific type of person I need for my dog. It is important that his diet consists only of meat! Here goes:

I am looking for a special person to take on our 2 1/2 year old male lurcher "Boots" and be happy to continue a "LIFELONG" Raw Diet.

We have just been granted our visas to live in Australia and when we sell the house we will be ready to move. Unfortunatly due to the cost of relocation it is with a heavy heart we need to rehome our dogs. We have found homes with my partners family for our other 2 but are finding it difficult getting someone who is happy to take Boots because of his dietary issues.

We have had him from a pup and he always had pooping issues, and failed to thrive was always underweight and nearly died from malnutrition. To cut a long story short we have found he is intolerant to any kind of grain/carbohydrate source found in normal kibbles and requires a meat only diet. He is now in superb shape!

If there is any kindly soul out there already familiar with feeding a raw diet happy to take on another dog please come forward!!

Other information about Boots that may be important:

He is not neutered

He is missing a toe on his front foot caused by an awful incident with glass. After a long rehabilitation he now has no problems with it except when walking on gravelly ground as it is a little sensitive where his toe is missing. he still runs like a Banshee.

He is definitely NOT CAT OR SMALL FURRY FRIENDLY!!! He has been a working dog.

He lives with 2 other dogs, a spayed female and and another un-neutered male, although I don't think he would take kindly to another adult male, the ideal home I think would be either as a lone dog with plenty of human affection or with a strong female or 2.

We have two young children age 3 and 4 and Boots has been brought up with both my children since a pup so I am happy that he could be rehomed with young children.

He loves playing tug and loves playing fetch. He is extremely loving and loves nothing more than a cuddle on the sofa

He is very obedient. Has excellent recall, is a housedog so is completely housetrained.

He is a mix of whippet, beddy, grehound and english bull. He is 22" to the shoulder.

Here are some pics of him, he really is a lovely boy I feel so sad having to rehome him as we have been through so much with him!!

He's a beaut - we're full house here, unfortunately, as we are a 100% raw house, no carbs apart from raw carrots, but he is so gorgeous I am sure someone will step forward.