Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Tancredreynolds View Post
How anyone can abandon such a beautiful dog is beyond me, we lost our lovely Harvey only 9 days ago (rescue dog 10 years ago) the pain and upset this has caused us is unbearable, I know we can never replace Harvey but if it wasn't so soon after his passing we would of been only to happy to give marie a secure, loving home. I just hope the people who done it and anyone else out there who has done the same thing get left and abandoned by there loved ones!
So sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to you. Here's hoping the pain will fade enough for the wonderful memories you have of Harvey to shine through.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Becky isn't doing well in kennels. The tip of her tail is red and sore and she has a scab 1" down from the tip. Her fur is dull and she is thin. She had a lovely time in the paddock though focused on waiting by the gate if allowed .. flowed into her walk well. She kept repeatedly shaking herself..so we have mentioned this to they kennel owner and she will watch out. We have removed the harness she had on, just in case this was uncomfortable. Oh this girl needs her forever home ... like N O W!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 09:13 PM
it's heartbreaking to see a dog so beautiful and with such a lovely nature still in kennels! i'll keep everything crossed she finds her forever home soon!
Tancredreynolds
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-11-2009, 10:02 PM
I had never heard of this dogsey site until our precious Harvey became ill and sadly died, we received such wonderful advice and support from the members.
I've since become hooked with the site and have learnt so much about the doggy world be it dog's ailments, funny stories, and read some very, very sad stories especially ones like poor Becky. I would love to offer her a forever home but this site has opened my eyes to some of the problems that some dogs come with. I know I can never replace Harvey, he had such a lovely nature, never aggressive he even liked other dogs,and was the complete opposite to some of the stories you hear about staffies, but do you think this comes down to the family that own the dog? I'd be very grateful for any advice.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-11-2009, 08:02 PM
An update from a couple who walked some of our dogs down at the kennels yesterday:
Becky was a joy to walk. She didn’t pull, she wasn’t keen on the puddles, but then neither was I! We had a little sit and a chat...a few kisses and treats and off on our way again. Bud came too (their dog) and again was just not as interested in the girls as he was with Tiffany ..... guess he likes the older ladies!! Becky will do well in any home cos she is just beautiful in every way, walking, taking treats.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Tancredreynolds View Post
I had never heard of this dogsey site until our precious Harvey became ill and sadly died, we received such wonderful advice and support from the members.
I've since become hooked with the site and have learnt so much about the doggy world be it dog's ailments, funny stories, and read some very, very sad stories especially ones like poor Becky. I would love to offer her a forever home but this site has opened my eyes to some of the problems that some dogs come with. I know I can never replace Harvey, he had such a lovely nature, never aggressive he even liked other dogs,and was the complete opposite to some of the stories you hear about staffies, but do you think this comes down to the family that own the dog? I'd be very grateful for any advice.
Hi there

So sorry to hear of your loss of Harvey - it's never easy to loose a much loved friend.

Staffies have had very bad press because of a few people who should never have owned a dog in the first place! If it wasn't a Staffie it would have been another breed in those kind of hands.

Staffies were always known at the 'nanny' dog in the 1930/1940's as all the nannies walked the prams and children with a Staffie. Of all the terriers they are the best dog for a family home. Obviously some rescue dogs come with issues, but far from all do and it's the same with any breed.

If you are seriously interested in homing a dog please complete our questionnaire with as much detail as possible and we will make sure we not only find the right dog match for your circumstances but also the right home for one of our dogs.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

14-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Oh Becky, JulieM arrived with just the winter number to compliment your eyes...

After a pause for flash photography she was off sporting her outfit with JulieM ... oh so cool (warm actually!!!). That coat has remained on her and will bring her the good luck she deserves to win her her turkey dinner!

Becky is still looking for a foster or forever home. Meantime her new coat is helping her keep warm in kennels.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Becky has just spent her 2nd birthday with us! She is still looking for a foster or forever home. We have updated her ad as we have got to know her better.

Her Story: Becky was found by her vets 4 miles from her home. Her owners were contacted and said they didn't want her anymore. She was great with the grandchildren, a warm and affectionate dog, but they didn't have time for her. She has had at least 3 other homes.

Salient points: Slender frame, happy Staffie! People and child friendly. Needs gentle introductions with dogs then mixes well. Learning to tolerate other dogs if they growl. Can be left and is non-destructive.

Advert: Becky is such a pretty little dog who meets dogs well providing she is on a lead and confident. She has just spent her 2nd birthday in kennels. Becky is a lovely family dog who will be snapped up by Staffie enthusiasts or simply a dog lover. She isn't bouncy, she isn't destructive; she is housetrained and she is affectionate. She can be left. Happiest to be integral to a family and it's activities. Becky will need a secure garden and pleasant walks nearby. She needs time to settle with other dogs so would prefer not to have visiting dogs or to live with another ... why share all that love!

Becky is small and pretty. In fact she is very girlie and pink! So lovely, appealing and very pleased to have affection and returns it in abundance. Becky is a light frame Staffie which helps the public to accept her as the press have wrongly educated them towards 'Staffie phobia'. Becky will win over doggie friends and enjoy her family given the opportunity of a fresh start and a new beginning. Becky is a super dog who happens to be a Staffie. You'll be lucky to get her!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-01-2010, 11:15 PM
An update from one of our volunteer walkers:

Sweet little Becky was troubled by all the snow , mud and water . She wasn't that keen to walk through the deep icy puddles or thick mud, but nor would I be in bare feet. She is very sensitive and dainty with her feet.

She came to lunch with myself, Charlie and Cindy and had a lovely time eating my chips She is lovely, such a small and polite lady, and very easy to walk

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

13-02-2010, 09:53 PM
One of our volunteers took Becky out for the day to give her a break from kennel life. Here is her feedback:

"Becky had a wonderful day out. She turned circles in the boot of the car for a few minutes, then settled down for a journey to the seaside. Very quiet and well behaved.

Obviously happy to be out! She trotted into the sea and had a good nosey around the big rocks before deciding it was a bit too cold on the beach. So we got back in the car, drove inland and found a big hill to climb on the South Downs with a great view and lots of woods for her to wander round. Becky was nose down to the ground all the way, interested in birds and molehills and checking back for us every so often. Still won't walk in the mud!

We met lots of dogs and she was very good with them, only wary of particularly boisterous or growly ones. We walked a good 2-3 miles and picked her up around off-lead dogs just to be safe. She wanted to say hello to all the people we met and a couple of young children loved her and made a fuss of her. Her tail was wagging for most of the day. Becky's so small everyone kept asking how old she was.

Final stop was at a garden centre for some tea and cake, which Tom went to get while Becky and I ran around on the grass and then she wanted a cuddle. Did plead for some cake so we gave her the last bits.

Becky was so good today we couldn't fault her behaviour. She was happy in our company, friendly to people, good on the lead and we hardly heard a peep out of her all day. Whenever she recognised the packet rustle she sat nicely for the Schmackos we'd taken with us, and once she gives you her paw she doesn't want you to let go.

She kept watching for whichever one of us wandered off to the shop or for petrol and greeted us enthusiastically when we returned. My arm nearly went numb reaching over the back seat to stroke her all the way home... and then we heard snoring.

We delivered Becky back to Sue where her dinner was waiting, and she should sleep well tonight. Neither of us can understand why this little one is still in kennels??? She'd make such a fabulous new member of any family, she's no trouble and is so warm and friendly once she gets to know you. We love Becky!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >