Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 03:53 PM

What A Waste Of A Day

I'm really cross with myself, I've made a start on the garden shed, its having to be made out of pallets and exterior ply due to finances, not a problem as I know it will only be temporary but I'm really in need of some storage.

Anyway, I've spent hours on it and it just isn't looking right. I need to put another panel on the front and then a door, then stain it but I just don't know whether its going to be a waste of even more time.

Any suggestions? I've got so many more things to do I just don't want to waste my time and finish it if its going to be rubbish Please feel free to critisize as it's the only way I'm going to learn.

Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 04:03 PM
It looks great to me, exactly what about it doesn't feel right? As you say it is only temporary (how ever long that will be lol!) so as long as it is water tight I wouldn't worry to much about what it looks like!
Becky
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 04:18 PM
I think the main thing is its a lot bigger than I had intended, thats great as I will fill it with lots of clutter that is currently spread around the garden, but I had in my mind a neater looking thing, maybe it will look better once the front is on and its been stained.
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 04:27 PM
I think once you get a front on it and stain it. the shed will look fine. and by the way i think you've done a great job!!! much better than i would have managed!!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by CockerMum View Post
I think once you get a front on it and stain it. the shed will look fine. and by the way i think you've done a great job!!! much better than i would have managed!!!
Thanks Kitt, you guys know all the right things to say, you and Becky have made me feel much better already. I'm afraid I'm a bit like my dad and things have to be perfect or I'm not happy. I think I'll persevere with it, as Becky says so long as it's watertight it will do the job for as long as its needed. Its also covering up the area behind the fencing that madam escaped from, although its been re-done and she hasn't attempted to look for another way through, this will take her mind right off it as she can't get past it.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 04:32 PM
I think it's fine and will look much better stained and the front on. Plus as you say its only a temporary measure, plus its only for storage, so its great for that purpose. i dread to think what it would look like if I had built it
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 04:35 PM
yep much better than me,it looks great dont be so hard on yourself,when my ex was making a shed it took a week of thinking before he even hammered a nail in,so dont worry,its cool,im making a gate at the minute,temp as you said of int pyl,and iv stained it but its red,the only ones whol see it are the dogs and me so red dont matter,and the paint only cost 40p in the B & Q sale,so it will do but now iv got to go put hinges on and a bolt and drill a hole in the post to accommadate the bolt,
go girl it look good,xxtoni xx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 04:40 PM
The only thing I managed to make was a duck house lol! I had to give up on the chicken house as I couldn't fix it all together!
Becky
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
I think it's fine and will look much better stained and the front on. Plus as you say its only a temporary measure, plus its only for storage, so its great for that purpose. i dread to think what it would look like if I had built it
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
yep much better than me,it looks great dont be so hard on yourself,when my ex was making a shed it took a week of thinking before he even hammered a nail in,so dont worry,its cool,im making a gate at the minute,temp as you said of int pyl,and iv stained it but its red,the only ones whol see it are the dogs and me so red dont matter,and the paint only cost 40p in the B & Q sale,so it will do but now iv got to go put hinges on and a bolt and drill a hole in the post to accommadate the bolt,
go girl it look good,xxtoni xx

Thanks so much ladies, we'll see what it looks like with the other bits on then. xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
The only thing I managed to make was a duck house lol! I had to give up on the chicken house as I couldn't fix it all together!
Becky

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >