Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2018, 09:24 AM

Daily Thread Friday 12th January 2018

Good Morning everyone,
Really grey here, am just finishing my breakfast & then going to take Rosie a walk round, will call at shop for some bread.
I’m at work this afternoon,.
Had a stressful day with Lauryn yesterday as she’s stressing over her uni application, she made a few mistakes on hers and they emailed her just before Christmas, she went in on Monday to find the ucas person, she’s off sick but they’ve not sent anyone else, then she went yesterday after being told it had be in by then ( by the way official date is actually Monday) still none there- so she rang her brother who spent 2hrs helping her last night! Don’t get me wrong I’m a bit cross that she’s left it last minute though, but college should have been helping all the students but they’ve been a bit rubbish.

Moyra I do hope you are feeling a lot better today, seems odd you not opening the thread up
Lynn hope Gill is still improving, and that you are ok too
Hope everyone is ok & I’ll try and pop on before work
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2018, 09:54 AM
Still suffering here so will take me a while to get back to normal. Feet are still killing me. Steve has been good, up and down all night with me to the bathroom.

Hope everyone all four and two legged friends are all ok, take care and have a good day. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2018, 11:36 AM
Oh no Mandy, that isn't good of the college! o.k, she shouldn't have left it so late but these things happen...hopefully it will be o.k
Moyra, hope you are soon on the mend...have the hospital said what the problem is?
mum and dad should have been off to italy today....they can't go as my mum can't fly due to her head injury so thats the holiday lost, as it was such short notice she couldn't pass it on to anyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Evening Mandy, Moyra and griff.

Mandy I am sure Lauren will be ok not good though is it that no one was about to help her sort the problem out.
Moyra sorry to hear you have been in hospital and that you are still unwell. wishing you well soon.
What a shame about mum and dads holiday griff. Hope mum is recovering ok.

We popped put to look at a Mazda today. Started to drive it out of it's spot for test drive and something went poing. Guy said I had probably left the handbrake on. I knew I hadn't it did it again. So we pulled up and he got out and it was a spring to do with the front wheel so that was the end of that not test drive.
He said he would have it fixed in a couple of days. We left it at that and went away got a coffee and Gorden found another one nearby so over we went and someone had recently left a deposit on it.
Bit of a wasted day never mind will keep looking but definitely would like another Mazda MPV sliding doors are good for Dillon.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-01-2018, 09:29 PM
hello all

Mandy hope that Lauren gets the application in OK

Moyra, keep warm and don't overdo it. Get Steve to help out, he's much younger than you.

Griff, what a bummer about the holiday, still better your Mum makes a good recovery which is best done at home.

Lynn, I agree about sliding doors, with all our Newfies it's been much better. Have thought about upgrading but TBH the old Peugeot Partner does the job, just about room for the two of them ('tho could be a bit more) I really don't know how long we've got with Casey, he's much better now but is reliant on the four medications he has every day.

Haven't been feeling 100% today, maybe I've picked up this Aussie flu thing

Best wishes to all out there, BFN.

PS Wonder how Sue is enjoying the sunshine, we need an update from Barry methinks
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2018, 10:41 PM
Lynn, lucky miss with the car!!!, hopefully you will come across another
Oh no Harvey, hope you haven't got the flu..do you have your jab, apparently it doesn't prevent it but makes the effects less
Thanks for the good wishes for my mum...i personally think she is headed for a stroke or heart attack or something. Suddenly they pick up a murmur out of the blue and now her blood pressure is that high she has had to be put on medication...in the space of a week! Her dad died at 64 after having 14 strokes and lord knows how many heart attacked and a quadruple bypass, she is very over weight and it might not have been a nice thing to do but I told her she really needs to sort herself out
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2018, 11:58 PM
Hello all
Thought I’d replied but obviously not
Thank you for all the good wishes for Lauryn
Lauryn was at college today & the person was there, application is in, thank goodness. She just needs to wait for the acceptance now. She has a plan that, should her grades not be high enough she can do a foundation year first & the do Zooology after. Fingers firmly crossed now that she gets in without doing the foundation year.
Hope your Mum is ok, Griff. Sorry about their holiday, can they refer it? Or get their money back?
Lynn seems you got a lucky miss with that car, I’m sure you’ll find the right one
Losos hope you aren’t getting the dreaded lurgy.