View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 11:34 AM

How do you go about entering dog shows....

and what prep could you do for them??

Obviously, Jinty is NOT a purebreed... I mean, little shows!

How do I find out about them? I think she is so cute that she should be able to win a rousette somewhere!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Rescues often arrange fun shows that anyone can enter, keep an ear out for any local doggy events near you perhaps
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Rescues often arrange fun shows that anyone can enter, keep an ear out for any local doggy events near you perhaps
See... Ive never 'heard' of any events.... where would I 'hear' of these events from?

We're starting puppy classes at the end of the month, so maybe people there might have an idea.... I just think it sounds like a bit of fun and a chance for Jinty to show off
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 11:44 AM
Another dog forum I'm on has a section for events to be advertised in, rescues will advertise on their own forums if you have some local rescues nearby, local papers, etc.
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2011, 12:18 PM
When you go to training class they will have a table with coming events on this is where you will find companion shows, most agricultural shows have side dog shows, also the local paper usually run a page of up coming events. To enter for this tye of show just turn up with youRe money, usuall a £1 a class with an enter more than six for £5 say, they are good fun, there is always an element of the Show Dogs there as they are our practice shows, but don't worry aslong as your dog is well socialized and clean and tidy you have just as much chance as the next person, and as said before so much fun. Hope you and Jinty find one soon and enjoy. Kyesh Jaz and I are off to one this saturday, at a agricultural show, a big one though, they have all the farm animlas old tractors, motorbike displays, really really good fun. Gayle
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 01:33 PM
At most fun or Companion shows dogs have to be 6 months before they can compete.
There is a website for Midland fun shows, & one on yahoo groups called Fun dog shows group. If you google them you should find them.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 01:44 PM
I recently found a fb page dedicated to little local fun ones down here.

Not generally KC reg'd and usually in conjunction with something else (horse/agricultural shows)
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Culotte and me doing one in August and its in aid of guide dogs for the blind. I found out about it from my dog school, so when you get to puppy classes they should know of anything around.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 07:56 PM
We get the local paper on a Saturday and it lists the local dog shows. We went to 2 over the weekend and came away with 3 firsts and a second so I was quite pleased!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female